Dacor Panther vs. Tiger

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ifukuda

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Dacor Tiger: $189
Dacor Panthers: $109

Are the Tiger Fins worth the additional $80.00?

I'm an average diver...nothing serious.
-15-20 dives a year
-Rarely dive below 20m.
-Occasional lobster hunting.

What do you think?

So far about 30 dives on them. Great fins!

I didn't consider the Panthers; my other choice was the Volos. But the Tigers seemed to be a little more maneoverable than the Volos. And cheaper.

The only person I know with Panthers had to return them because they developed stress marks across the fins after being used in a particularly hard current. The dive shop replaced them no problem, but that makes me wonder about their durability under real diving conditions.

Take care, eh?!

~SubMariner~

Submariner,

Thanks for advice on the fins.

I ended up getting the Panthers anyway...the Tigers in my size were out of stock, and I needed fins for ASAP for my dive yesterday. I could not bear to dive in my old piece of junk IST blades anymore!

I tried the Panthers out yesterday. and these were my thoughts:
1) Light and comfortable.
2) REALLY EASY to get in and out of.
3) Generally, excellent propulsion with little effort. I had to constantly stop to wait for my buddy to catch up to me (who still swims with the same IST fins that I have come to hate so much).
4) A little soft. I noticed this when I was swimming against the current.

Verdict:
The Panthers are a hell of a lot better than my old fins. But, I probably should have waited and got the Tigers.

So make the best use you can of them... DIVE, DIVE, DIVE!!!! :)

DSDO,

~SubMariner~

Back
Top Bottom