Dacor Digital Information System

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stormchaser

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I have a Dacor Digital Information System I picked up yesterday on Craigslist. I can't find a users manual on the net. Anyone have the manual? I stuck it in the bathtub last night and it came on and went off about a hour later. Today I had in 4 feet in the pool and after 5 hours it's still on. Is this normal? Anyone know how to change or where to get batteries? I'm finishing my open water cert this weekend so I'm a newbie.

texartnursery@gmail.com

It will usually stay on as long is it is in the water. I should shut down after about an hour out of the water. But, I do not know that particular computer. Find yourself a Dacor dealer and check with them.

Thanks it stays on about 24 hours guess it takes that long to dry out.

I saw one on CL yesterday and couldn't find much info because Dacor is gone, but there was a recall on some Dacor computers and if that's one of them then it might explain why it was a good deal :wink:

Seriously, find out if it's one of those recalled--apparently they were bad enough to potentially get you bent.

Hi there, do you get the manual, i have the same Dacor Digital information system, please help, need the user guide or manual...

Thanks a lot

Rodrigo

I used to dive Dacor digital consoles. A volunteer fire district I was a member of used Dacor digital consoles and I bought my own when I assembled my own gear. We never experienced any problems with the units.

If your unit uses the same switch system to turn it on as mine did, it's a pressure switch on the back of the unit. Typically, mine would turn itself off about an hour or so after it was removed from the water;there was no 'off' switch. My fire district team used to check batteries weekly by inserting an allen wrench through the holes on the back of the rubber console housing and gently triggering the switch.

Someone told me Dacor merged with Mares. I've no clue whether that's fact or rumor. The same person told me it's difficult to get the units serviced and to find batteries; again, I don't know if that's fact or fiction.

I recently saw something on the scuba.com website about some Dacor equipment being serviceable. You could probably give their service department a call to ask about the serviceability of your console. Their techs may know something about reliability and potential issues as well. Keep in mind that Dacor ceased production of equipment back in the mid-90's.

-AZTinman

Last edited:
I have a Dacor Digital Information System I picked up yesterday on Craigslist. I can't find a users manual on the net. Anyone have the manual? I stuck it in the bathtub last night and it came on and went off about a hour later. Today I had in 4 feet in the pool and after 5 hours it's still on. Is this normal? Anyone know how to change or where to get batteries? I'm finishing my open water cert this weekend so I'm a newbie.

texartnursery@gmail.com

I got batteries for one at Batteries Plus the other day to see if it still worked. There really isn't a need for a users manual as all it is is a bottom timer and depth gauge that logs 10 or so dives as well. Unscrew the battery cover with a dime and replace battery. Check the o ring in the battery cover before putting it back.

Anyone knows how to change from FT to Meters in this unit...

Thats why i need the user manual...

Thanks a lot...

Rodrigo

Back
Top Bottom