DA Aquamaster Retaining Nut

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As to mods, the DBE (duck bill eliminator) really lessens exhalation resistance, and a DSV mouthpiece is great with being able to close it as well as using your own preference for a mouthpiece.

As to mods, the DBE (duck bill eliminator) really lessens exhalation resistance, and a DSV mouthpiece is great with being able to close it as well as using your own preference for a mouthpiece.
That's also part of the plan but the DBE is out of stock. I did order the mouthpiece for the Kraken as well. Thanks

Hey guys, just making sure the body retaining nut, is it normal left loose right tight? That thing will not budge. I did have the tool made and it mates perfectly to the nut. Thanks

Hey guys, just making sure the body retaining nut, is it normal left loose right tight? That thing will not budge. I did have the tool made and it mates perfectly to the nut. Thanks
Yes, it is a normal thread in that regard.

James

Read the thread again mate, put a bar on it, some fasteners torque on but they don't torque off

Crack that nut

those rings can be really difficult to remove as many are corroded on and yes they are standard right hand thread. Even though I made a general use tool, I also had a "nuclear grade" one that I sometimes had to use. It is also critical to have the body of the reg well secured. Do not just hold it by the hookah port or worse by the can horns, that is a sure fire way to damage something, possibly beyond repair. Soaking the ring in some type of penetrating oil can help and as a last resort, remove as much as you can from the reg and gently use heat on the ring. The gasket between the cans and body will likely get damaged but you should replace it anyway. Also, try rocking the nut back and forth some, sometimes it will move in the tighten direction but will not budge at all in the off direction. If you can get the slightest movement in it either way, rocking it back and forth and applying penetrating oil will usually work.

Be careful and don't damage something. If all else fails, drop me a PM and we can work something out.

OK, we got it off. Ended up holding it on a 10" chuck and using the horn to stop rotation. It was not there horribly tight, just needed some good support.

Thanks. Already on the hunt for a single stage silicone diaphragm but they are out of stock. I may just have to get a two stage and flatten out.
Rob has new diaphragms in stock now at thescubamuseum.com

Rob has new diaphragms in stock now at thescubamuseum.com
I saw that, I had already ordered a 2 stage one from him and bent the tabs down. Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom