DA Aquamaster Retaining Nut

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shopping

Axel spindle wrench not sure which one it was but just need some filing to make the tabs a little smaller.

shopping

Axel spindle wrench not sure which one it was but just need some filing to make the tabs a little smaller.
Oh nice... thanks

shopping

Yes, that is very similar to the tool I remember. It is probably for the same application.

Thanks

OK, so I probably should have posted pictures BEFORE taking it apart but here they are. This unit has a Dallas Fire Unit #2 engraving on it. I did polish up the can with some white rouge and it shined up a bit. The rubber hoses are still in good shape but will be replaced.
Overall the unit is really clean inside, another pic I forgot to take!

Mods I am making:
1. VDH HPR Second Stage
2. VDH Cyclone 1st Stage
3. New silicone hoses
4. New Mouthpiece
5. Band Clamp Ring instead of the clips

Question, how much does it typically cost to re-crhome these and would you guys re-chrome or leave as-is with Dallas Fire on it?
Thanks
VDH5.jpg

VDH4.jpg

VDH3.jpg

VDH2.jpg

VDH1.jpg

There was a thread that I can't find now on here that talks about re-chroming. It's expensive to get done.

Check with car collision repair places around you to see if they know someone that does it. It might be cheaper to find another can on E-Bay with less scratches and etching. Then again those marks only add character to your reg and show it has a history.

Keep in mind that you may need to flatted those tabs on the diaphragm if you can't position it so they don't get hung up on the HPR feet. Better still is to look for a silicone diaphragm without the tabs. They were sold on the link below, but are currently out of stock:

There was a thread that I can't find now on here that talks about re-chroming. It's expensive to get done.

Check with car collision repair places around you to see if they know someone that does it. It might be cheaper to find another can on E-Bay with less scratches and etching. Then again those marks only add character to your reg and show it has a history.

Keep in mind that you may need to flatted those tabs on the diaphragm if you can't position it so they don't get hung up on the HPR feet. Better still is to look for a silicone diaphragm without the tabs. They were sold on this site but are currently out of stock:

Thanks. Already on the hunt for a single stage silicone diaphragm but they are out of stock. I may just have to get a two stage and flatten out.

In your area there will be a place that does work for the motorcycle and custom car folks. They will be accustomed to OCD customers and will know how to do show quality work. Thanks to the EPA, chroming is becoming difficult in the USA never mind that China is pouring the left over chemicals into the ocean whereas here they would be disposed of or recycled properly. I have had several regulators done locally like this Navy here:

James

In your area there will be a place that does work for the motorcycle and custom car folks. They will be accustomed to OCD customers and will know how to do show quality work. Thanks to the EPA, chroming is becoming difficult in the USA never mind that China is pouring the left over chemicals into the ocean whereas here they would be disposed of or recycled properly. I have had several regulators done locally like this Navy here:

James
Nice reg!!! So what do you normally pay for this?
Did you see that dacor I posted? You think it can dive again?
Thanks

Nice reg!!! So what do you normally pay for this?
Did you see that dacor I posted? You think it can dive again?
Thanks

Chroming? I have paid something around $100 in the past, it depends. Those indentions caused by the engraving tool will show through new chrome unless they are polished or burnished out.

I do not know much about Dacor dh regs. I see people diving them at the vintage rallies I have attended. But, no, I did not see the Dacor you ask about?

James

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom