D1 Hybrid temperature ranges

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lexion

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm considering buying the Waterproof D1 Hybrid. It of course comes with the 70 denier 3D mesh liner, but now there is also a lighter 30 denier lining available.

Question 1: Would anyone know for which temperature ranges the two different linings, in the D1, are suitable?

Question 2: What is the approximate difference in buoyancy between the two (how much extra weight do I need vs a "normal suit). Elsewhere on this forum I have seen an estimate of about 5-6 lbs extra for the standard lining. However, what is the difference for the thinner lining?

I'm normally diving in SoCal waters. I would love to have views both from Waterproof and from fellow Scubaboarders.

Thanks!

Despite no response from Waterproof I ended up buying the D1 and the two different linings.

I have only tried the thicker lining so far and I can conclude that it is a bit warmer than needed in SoCal in July. I'll test the thinner on in a few weeks.

As noted in a separate post I'm having significant leakage issues with my wrist seals. We'll see how we can resolve.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm very interested in how the thinner and lighter mesh lining worked for you.
I'd like to here about.
I dive with the D1 in Monterey CA, waters been warmer than usual and thought the lighter mesh might be hepful.

I have heard complaints from a couple of people using this suit that the general concept of the suit and the lining maybe good but the problem with it is that fact that the liner starts to smell quickly and it is a pain to remove it to wash. How true is this claim from your experience?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom