D-200 Guilt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ME TOO...great shots

I haven't used mine underwater yet. (just got the big dome port)

I have big hopes for wreck interiors and dramatic lighting.

Congrats Catherine! Can't wait to see some UW pix. Chimping, BTW, is the fine art of viewing images on the back of the camera. Supposedly the term comes from the noise photographers make while looking at pix, kinda like a chimp. It's considered an amateur thing to do while the action is still going on in the sports photographer circles.

Maybe you should switch to aperature or shutter priority to slowly ween yourself off of program?:D

Warren, great pix. I love the shot of the Cornwall. I didn't even take my camera down on it last year as the weather was getting rough. When we came up after the dive we had 4-5 footers to battle to get back into the boat. I was glad I didn't take it down. Cool shots.

catherine that was made with two Sea and Sea YS-90DX strobes. My avatar was with the Nikonos RS 13mm lens.

wow...Bladephotog, Road to Recovery..almost made me cry.

powerful stuff. Someone you know?

Love the shot with the eye and the halo.

thanks Ken. two strobes almost make it look like natural light being reflected on the fish...

catherine96821:
wow...Bladephotog, Road to Recovery..almost made me cry.

powerful stuff. Someone you know?

Love the shot with the eye and the halo.

thanks Ken. two strobes almost make it look like natural light being reflected on the fish...

Thanks Catherine. I met this kid on an assignment and thought it'd make a good photo story. So I followed Andy around for about 6 months or so. It made a nice story. Thanks for the compliments.

Supposedly the term comes from the noise photographers make while looking at pix, kinda like a chimp. It's considered an amateur thing to do while the action is still going on in the sports photographer circles.

hahaha. love that. Gee...I wonder what chimps do that looks like that?

yes, I need to grow up. I'm a bit ADD, I think. If JB can shoot the D-100 in manual, I can cheat a bit.

Exactly Catherine with my old camera the A610, I shot for a long while in 'TV' mode which is shutter priority and then eventually moved to full manual.

Shooting with your rig, manual would give you so much more options in terms of lighting, the way the picture is captured and so on...
THe possiblities are endless.

Looking forward to seeing your first pics with it :)!

If I'm not using strobes, a technique I like to use both topside and UW is to shoot with aperature priority, but I rely heavily on using the exposure compensation dial. I have the exposure compensation set to the main thumb wheel on the back of my cameras. This allows me to compensate for the lighting as quickly as I can shooting manual. But it give me the speed advantage of aperature priority. Most of the time I know my exposure will be close using AV mode, and I can bump the exposure up or down with the thumb wheel very quickly if needed. It's sort of a blend of AV mode and manual exposure.

While I shoot mostly in manual UW, this technique comes in handy.

I love it!

I know how to use the exposure dial (she said, proudly)

I have the exposure compensation set to the main thumb wheel on the back of my cameras

hey, how did you do that?

this might be a good set up for me.

I just really feel that I am not able to take on previewing, reviewing and changing multiple dials at the depths I dive. (I rarely dive above 100 feet) I just really need to limit the number of things I am trying to manage, especially diving deep on air. Maybe someday it will be different. I could practice manual shallow, but I just don't enjoy our shallow dives nearly as much. Many other places, I do.

This sounds like a great option and I look forward to playing with it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom