D-200 Guilt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

catherine96821:
really? The water did not fill it in?

buzzards flying around.....

I bet it just bugged you. Jb dropped his helmet with some expensive sheild on it and it rolled down the driveway, and he almost cried. They sell this stuff on an infomercial that I bet would fix it.

No, not the 12-24, I have that one. I will go find it. I love this "other" lense they are using. And Sigma makes it and its half the price of the Nikon 12-24.

I could use another strobe.

Geeze. I know how JB feels. I almost cried too...:(

Nice avatar!

my first shot ...Marley was so happy for me.

DSC_0001-1.jpg

Powder room remodel, gotta get your image up. Just got the towel rack up.

DSC_0026-4.jpg

Cathrine,
How is the learning curve looking to you. I hope to get my own D200 soon (selling old cameras to put a dent in cost). The cabinet, is there a story behind that? It looks very interesting.

Gotta love ausie's, is your's a mix (looks to have a bit of border collie in him)?

Learning curve?

I am not very smart so I just shoot Program....hoping to stop that bad habit and evolve a bit. I don't have good attention skills.

How exciting...bet you cannot wait.

The bathroom was inspired by Bali trip.

Oh, Dennis, I heard somebody call shooting on program "chimping it".

catherine96821:
ooooh Warren, I love that housing.

Kinda pricey. I priced it from Mauricio Handler when I bought the D-100.

I think I will get an Ikelite again and we can use the same ports.

I am trying to send my D-100 to Mo2vation for a CCD cleaning and can never get a break from "needing" it for a week. Yes, I am sure I will love it, maybe even pry myself off Program mode, since JB will be shooting manual right next to me, he has no problem.

Hi Catherine - sorry about the delay, just back last night from a week in San Andres....

Anyhow, I love the Aquatica housing - it is more expensive than the Ike, but I don't think by that much. But I'm sure you'll be happy with the Ike housing too - I was with my D70.

Mo2 is the man when it comes to CCD cleaning. You're in good hands.

Warren, somebody has a WA he likes better than the 12-24. He posted the other day. He has website with an angel fish on a blue background. Do you remember who that was?

I was thinking it was you...but it's not.

Also, parabolic might use the same lens. What could it be? Some WA, makes the images more interesting to me, for some reason...

No..I have that. (too bad I don't have that shot!) Is that ambient light or strobe?

What's your avatar taken with? This is making me nuts. Some guy (realy good) said "I am one of the few people that sent my 12-24 mm back because I did not like it."

And then I looked at his website and loved the WA he used...kinda artsy for some reason, like unexpected visually pleasing sort of way. He posts here a lot. Anyway, I looked at the lense (Sigma or something) and it was WAY less than the 12-24 mm Nikon.

Oh and I can't wait to figure out what "dust-off ref image" is.

catherine96821:
Warren, somebody has a WA he likes better than the 12-24. He posted the other day. He has website with an angel fish on a blue background. Do you remember who that was?

I was thinking it was you...but it's not.

Also, parabolic might use the same lens. What could it be? Some WA, makes the images more interesting to me, for some reason...

I don't think that was me, but I do love the 10.5mm WA. It is difficult to get close enough to the fishies to fill the frame properly I find, but for things like wrecks, divers, and other things you can get close to, I absolutely love it.

san-andres-2007-06.jpg

catalina-dec2006-07.jpg

cornwall-18sep2006-03.jpg

Back
Top Bottom