D-200 Guilt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cacia

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I broke down and hit the button yesterday. Norm at Adorama pushed me into it.

Now, I just have to embezzle enough household money for the housing.

I justified it all by rationalizing that I can give JB my D-100 and we can shoot pictures together.

"So....someday if I were to get a 200, should I sell my other set up or just give it to you?" (..that was a trap)

My housing just refused to flood.

Hey...I have three ports and four lenses so it would be a waste of money
NOT to have two cameras, wouldn't it?

Plus, he is naturally better than me, so I can claim his shots since I own the camera.

So what housing are you going to get/already have for the D100? I still need to pickup a lense for underwater and a housing for my D200 $$$$.

Hi Catherine, congrats on the D200. Buyer,s remorse should wear off in a few days. Don't worry - you're going to love it!

I still have my D70 fully housed in an Ike housing as a backup. I still use it once in a while.

Lots of great choices out there. If you want some insights on the Aquatica D200 housing, let me know.

ooooh Warren, I love that housing.

Kinda pricey. I priced it from Mauricio Handler when I bought the D-100.

I think I will get an Ikelite again and we can use the same ports.

I am trying to send my D-100 to Mo2vation for a CCD cleaning and can never get a break from "needing" it for a week. Yes, I am sure I will love it, maybe even pry myself off Program mode, since JB will be shooting manual right next to me, he has no problem.

Maybe, but I see that my oldest shots are better than what I shoot now. Either the CCD screen is filmy after 5 years, everyone else has gotten better and I haven't, or ??? I can't figure it out. My older shots are crisp and now they look soft.

WTG Catherine :) I'm agonising over the same type of decision at the moment. I REALLY want the D80 but can get a D70s AND a backup for the same price as one D80. Or spend the difference on some lenses. Argghhh...I hate making decisions!

Mel.b

Catherine -- How DARE you tempt The Fates with
My housing just refused to flood.
? To satisfy my "Valentine" yesterday I went on a dive with her which had her saying, "Sure, bring the camera, why not?" Sob, Sob.

There is a high-end camera repair facility about 30 minutes from the dive site -- went right to it and gave them the camera (I poured about 1 tablespoon out of the housing) -- got the phone call today that everything had been fried! Sob, Sob.

Now, get a housing for my Rebel or get the Olympus 720 sw?

catherine96821:
Maybe, but I see that my oldest shots are better than what I shoot now. Either the CCD screen is filmy after 5 years, everyone else has gotten better and I haven't, or ??? I can't figure it out. My older shots are crisp and now they look soft.

When you say better do you mean technically, ie., sharpness, color, contrast, etc.? If that's the case it's a camera, lens, or housing problem. I'm assuming as a photographer you're not getting worse.:D

As for the softness, have you been using the same lens, and if so, what lens is it? Things to check are both the front and rear lens elements. If the rear lens element gets worn, scratched or the lens develops any fungus, it will seriously affect the images.

Also, have you reset any sharpness settings on the camera?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom