Cypress Springs 1-13-7 or 1-14?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

photohikedive:
HEY!!!! This yankee likes being a panhandler!

Well PHD, you are an honorary Redneck. We will keep you....kind of scarey but you seem to fit right in....now, that ought to scare you!:D

GLENFWB:
Well PHD, you are an honorary Redneck. We will keep you....kind of scarey but you seem to fit right in....now, that ought to scare you!:D

I agree. I think that we can proclaim PHD to be a "Honorary Redneck".

photohikedive:
HEY!!!! This yankee likes being a panhandler!

Well it's official...PHD is a redneck...you happy now?:D

photohikedive:
well, heck, since I am welcome, I don't want to be a redneck!

Too late...I think you qualified before you arrived down here:D

Although I'm a little late to this discussion, let me throw in my two cents.

I too am a Yankee. However, I spent nearly 8 years in PA versus 24 years in the south. I went to college in Mississippi. Plus I like NASCAR, country music, four-wheelin and if I can find a guy who likes all that and hunts, I'd be happy as a clam. If that does't make me a redneck, I don't know what does.

I've always heard this area referred to as LA - Lower Alabama.

In fact I'm sure it says somewhere in the Florida constitution that this area is "the South."

kchFLA:
Plus I like NASCAR, country music, four-wheelin and.......... If that does't make me a redneck, I don't know what does.

Some of that qualifies for 'white trash' also, but I think you're highly overqualified for that also :D

In fact I'm sure it says somewhere in the Florida constitution that this area is "the South."

The real deciding factor to this goes back almost 150 years to which side Florida fought on during time of the war of 'Northern Agression'. Florida was the 3rd state to succeed from the Union and fought on side of the South. Of course some folks fought on the side of the North, but that's true with most states.

Not many battles were fought in Florida though as it was so far from Union lines, but Florida did provide a lot of the supplies for the south to fight the war. So overall, then you would have to consider Florida as part of the South.

After the war was over, Sherman took his troops and went home.

However, about a hundred years later, the Yankees did a full force invasion into Florida that is still going on to this day.... This time they stayed though and bought condo's and patio homes! It's unclear the exact numbers, but most likely the southerners are highly outnumbered by the Yankee invaders....

There seems no other action left to do but for them to succeed again and form the Conch Republic.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom