Cypress Springs 1-13-7 or 1-14?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SuPrBuGmAn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Lets goto Cypress. I got a few dives in at Morrison over the Christmas holiday, but not enough to quench the thirst. I need more, winter is here(despite the temps) and its putting a hurtin on the water levels at Morrison and the gulf is shaken as well as stirred. We get a few breaks here and there, but they've been happenin in the middle of the week while I'm at work :p

Options? Vortex(ha!) and Cypress.

I say lets go dive Cypress. The massive flow there keeps the spring clear in all but the highest floodings. Basin maxes out at a measly 25' and its small, but full of colorfull vegetation and a plethora of freshwater fish. There's a cavern, with a bottom that doesn't kick up, but a heavy flow makes entry interesting. Cavern goes as deep as 65' at normal water levels before turning to cave(and really only about 45-50' before restricting).

My boat is still broken, but I can get ahold of a kayak($free) or I can split costs on canoe.

Sooo... who's wit me?! :D

Wish I could, got a class starting on the 10th some I'm working for the next 16days straight. Shame you wernt doing it this weekend.

Some family from out of town are coming in this weekend for a late Christmas thing. Just the way things go down, I suppose.

SuPrBuGmAn:
Lets goto Cypress. I say lets go dive Cypress. The massive flow there keeps the spring clear in all but the highest floodings. Basin maxes out at a measly 25' and its small, but full of colorfull vegetation and a plethora of freshwater fish. There's a cavern, with a bottom that doesn't kick up, but a heavy flow makes entry interesting. Cavern goes as deep as 65' at normal water levels before turning to cave(and really only about 45-50' before restricting).

My boat is still broken, but I can get ahold of a kayak($free) or I can split costs on canoe.
Sooo... who's wit me?! :D

I am Wit you! I would prefer the 13th. I don't have a boat but I can do the canoe thing also. I haven't been to Cypress so I am for it. Lets make it happen.

Split a canoe, 6 hour rental is $30 at Vortex - $15 each :D Cheap enough for me. Its an easy trip and worth the short paddle upcreek.

I would like to try it too. That will give me another week to get over this head cold. I should be cleared up by then, so that would be Andy and me.

Mat

I will be at Vortex Friday night and Saturday in Grandview 2 - If you come by there to get a canoe please check with me to see if I can get away to go.

Thanks
TT

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom