Cynical 'Faux Tech' Marketing = Dive Industry Shame

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MEMO......
To: G Scott
Dec 6th 1941

Dear Mr Scott,

I told you before; stop using us to advertise those darn BCD's. That was supposed to be on the QT. Now the Commies will know to look for all black, non logoed gear on our G men and we will be forced to switch over to those god awful yellow Scubapro stab jackets and pink fins in order to "hide in plain sight" so to speak. I won't give Joe McCarthy the satisfaction, so sh*t can it already.

BTW, while I'm at it. What's this scuttlebutt I hear about you selling torpedo tail stabilizers to the Japanese? I spoke to their foreign minister and he assures me they are only for research purposes but just the same...

Ok enough griping. Send me a box of those EagleZ Havana cigars you've been bragging about and I'll see if I can get someone from the USO to sew on some sequins in the mean time.

Regards,

J Edgar Hoover.

Last edited:
They have bungied bladders for Christ's sake.

They really are a 'massive' company. Bow down to the genius of the Eagle Z1 marketing gods....

5022582584_491b5c4e0f_z.jpg

5022582582_de6d85dcb2_z.jpg

I like the "2 Speed" weight system! ha ha ha ha

They criticise Zeagle for only having a "1 speed" weight system.....

It took me a while to decipher their nonsense and realise that they were talking about the fact that Zeagle have designed a clever mechanism that dumps both weight pockets from a single pull release, wheras the Eagle needs both weight pockets to be dumped manually.

ha ha ha "2 Speed Weight Release!!" ha ha ha

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom