Cynical 'Faux Tech' Marketing = Dive Industry Shame

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What I meant was.... remember the astronaut that drove cross country in a diaper to kidnap another astronaut? NASA's response to 'What do you do if an astronaut loses it in space?' 'Tape them up with Duct Tape.'

Posted by a space geek.:dork2:

Seems to go along with the sci-fi goffiness of this site.:idk:

Just wondering, are the 'NASA Escape Tools' intended for getting out of the Duct Tape?

Ha! I was wondering when we would revive this thread (although it wasn't quite dead yet.).

I wanted to mention I had just purchased those EXACT SAME shears at my LDS yesterday :)

NASA Escape Tool - Universaldistributors.us

The funniest part.. You can actually see in his pics where he had ripped off the little 'Scuba Max' sticker. Someone should tell them to stick that thing on there a bit better.
Photo0121.jpg

Photo0120.jpg

And yes they are made in China. :shocked2:

"This new 2007 Pure Titanium Eagle Z1 Touch & Go Technical knife is unique... it is fast, and we are talking about bullet fast here... Pure Titanium metal cannot rust, so your salty body sweat and sea water has zero effect. Known as the world’s "Most effective knife"... The ultra hard Titanium blade offers abrasion resistance over 5 times better than high grade 420 series stainless steel... Popular with all the technical divers"

Oooh, a fast knife? I need one of those for when I'm battling evil henchmen underwater.

Voit1966_7A.jpg

Edit: Oh, I just checked the auction and it's only for the DiveRite harness. Nuts. :(

Oooh, a fast knife? I need one of those for when I'm battling evil henchmen underwater.

Voit1966_7A.jpg
As an aside, note all the Voit/SwimMaster gear, Bond's backpack, the tanks, the masks, Bond's regulator, badguy's fins.

As an aside, note all the Voit/SwimMaster gear, Bond's backpack, the tanks, the masks, Bond's regulator, badguy's fins.

But I'm sure he's using his trusty Eagle Z1 Knife!

I suspect that it's a Voit knife, given the other product placements. But Eagle Z1 would be glad to Photoshop it into their own.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom