CX2 anyone have one

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A few hours? So as a backup or for a couple 1 hour dives should be fine.
The human eye does a very good job at accounting for ambient light. Given that there are only 2ish lights in the dive industry (UWLD and Light+Motion, unless others exist?) it would be very hard for a human to notice.

A few hours? So as a backup or for a couple 1 hour dives should be fine.
It would be more than adequate as a backup light for any dives.

Ok, so took it out on a night dive. Dive 91mins. Didn't notice any dimming but was flicking between all settings so hard to tell. It throws a lot of light. Not sure about 8 degrees, seems more like 12. Water was not clear so on full power backscatter was terrible. Was nice to have multiple levels of output. Other than the off center branding and a strange ribbed single sealing O ring seems like a reasonably well made light. Let's see how well it holds up.

Same question, what's the dimming rate?

I don't even know what a dimming rate is. I used it as a primary light in a cavern course for a couple of hours on high setting and I did not see it dim , so I call it zero!! :acclaim:

So in an L.E.D. light, there is a driver (that's an electronic circuit that controls the actual LED). The driver can either be a constant output driver - in this case the light will stay lit at the same intensity until it finally winks out. Alternatively the driver can reduce the voltage applied to the LED as the battery is drained. The effect is that the light dims over time. The dimming light will burn for much longer before winking out.

Some lights are designed to last as long as possible sacrificing brightness over time. Others sacrifice burn time to produce consistent brightness. It sounds like this light is designed to output consistent brightness until the battery can't do it anymore.

This light uses a 21700 cell, which was a good choice by diverite IMO. There's no real benefit to having super skinny dive lights that will only accommodate 18650's as many manufacturers do. That's 21mm by 70mm vs 18mm by 65mm btw.

Just made my first dive with my new CX2. The visibility was poor... say 5 to 8 feet I’m guessing. The CX2 did a good job penetrating thru the water and I was pretty happy with the CX2. Definitely a narrow beam light. I just ordered a DR defusing filter, so that will be an interesting test when I get it.

Dont love mine. 2 dives, no scratches, looks new. All original packaging, documentation etc. bought from DGX. 3 spare O rings too. Anyone interested, feel free to message.

I'll post up in the classifieds later today.

Cheers

Dont love mine. 2 dives, no scratches, looks new. All original packaging, documentation etc. bought from DGX. 3 spare O rings too. Anyone interested, feel free to message.
What specifically made you fall out love with your CX2? Have you decided what you’re going to replace it with?

Just made my first dive with my new CX2. The visibility was poor... say 5 to 8 feet I’m guessing. The CX2 did a good job penetrating thru the water and I was pretty happy with the CX2. Definitely a narrow beam light. I just ordered a DR defusing filter, so that will be an interesting test when I get it.

5-8 feet is poor??? Around here we call that good.

I'll post up in the classifieds later today.

Cheers

What specifically made you fall out love with your CX2? Have you decided what you’re going to replace it with?

I'm curious also why don't you like the light?

A few things, most of which will sound silly, but I too am silly.

The etched emblem/logo is off center.

Found it hard to find the push button with thick gloves if I turned light off, which I often do on night dives.

The one proprietary (?) O ring bothers me.

The threads squealed high enough to shatter glass out of box.

I bother easily, get put off things easily.

I like German lights, MB-Sub (no longer trading), Tillytec and Metalsub out of the Netherlands.

Don't get me wrong the CX2 is a fine light for the price, I just don't love it as much as I need too in order to keep it.

$135 shipped.

YMMV

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom