Custom wetsuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Prior to Nylon 2 sides, the suits were N1S, or nylon one side.

The outside was either smooth or textured and the inside nylon , for ease or entry.

Prior to that wetsuits were just rubber.
glued only, we had to talc them to get into them.

MikeD

I prefer black too. I like all my gear to match, and it's just easier with black. I think a lot of colors on gear just looks goofy. Black will also not show stains or wear as bad.

Not a painter or a florist.... Take a deep breath and go and watch the Godfather 1 - 3 and then ask that question again. You should be sufficiently cured from the urge to colour co-ordinate.
plus...IT IS THE LAW !!!!!
You don't want to mess with the law!!!!
Dive prisoners are punished by being made to parade in Fluorescent Pinks and Lime greens and have no friends...
No-one wants to be their buddy and they have to gear up in the lonely isolated corner of the deck, where they store the oxygen and diveflags and safety sausages.
Save yourself....self rescue your future. Don't be an outcast in the diving wilderness. Black is manly, sexy and you'll get invited to the most fashionable BBQ's and after dive functions.
I hope that helps,
There can be only one,
The Gasman:mean:
(what were you thinking?:bonk: )

I wrestled with that decision when I ordered my first Dry Suit. I settled on Orange, and was happy I had. Numerous were the times when, in poor visibility or night dives, my partner had commented that the reflective material or the color had caught their attention. I had to abandon my desire for high visibility with my next suit though. Black and blue were the only colors in town. I did notice when I did jobs in the orange suit it looked terrible for a while. Lets hope I get the service out of the black one I am still getting out of the orange one though. There is something to be said about being seen. I also agree that the color thing could go crazey. However, maybe they don't do more colors because of the light spectrum dulling or diluting the brightness of some. Who knows............

... we had to talc them to get into them.
Sliding into a wet "skin 2 sides" required the poor guy to do it in the water. Some brave souls (or too cheap to buy talc) would jump in right off the bat. It was a major improvement when the nylon 1 side suits came out.
It took them quite a while to come out with a nylon 2 sides suit, it was later on in the '60s, maybe even early '70s.

Never understood it
My buddy has blue/black gear....I swear, it's camouflage. Get a color that stands out a bit please

Now I have huge yellow Blades....my buddies never miss me :D

Be visible....be a fashion plate on land.

Peace,
Cathie

Hello Divers,

Which manufacturers make the best constructed *custom* wetsuits for cold water diving? (40F to 60F) Also, is there anyplace that makes custom wetsuits without having their name plastered prominently all over the suit? (I don't want to be a billboard)

The vendors I looked at so far include Atlan, Deep Thought, and Akona. I sure would appreciate feedback from you experienced divers. Thank you.

TC

suites (wet or dry) that do not have the manufacturers namely promenently displayed?

I'm sure if you pay more they will forget to stencil their name!

Jonathan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom