Custom Cylinder Bands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BenjaminS

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm looking to purchase some custom made cylinder bands for a project I'm doing but I'm not sure of who to go to. Is there anyone who's well known on SB (or other forums for that matter) that could help me out with this?

A good metal shop or guy can make anything you want.. I made bands on my slip roll... Not that hard to do really.. Stainless steel is more work then cold rolled steel, But looks nicer...

Jim...

Can you be more specific? Singles, doubles, triples? Cylinder diameter(s)? Valve up, down, slung?

Doubles, 6.9" diameter, 8.5" center to center spacing, 2.5" width, upright valves. I am looking for bands to fit onto some steel 72s for my first set of doubles.

I think these fit 215mm center manifolds:
6.9 to 7.00 Inch Stainless Steel Cylinder Bands w/ Protective Rubber Padding

I like to add a spacer between cylinders to force bands to keep cylinders parallel and at the optimum spacing. Bands can change spacing a little depending on how precisely they are made and the tension on the bolts. Look close at the photo for the white UHMWPE spacer. A red line points to it.
LP-45 Band Mod.jpg

You don't need custom. You can buy those bands new if you really want.

Sent you a PM in case you are interested in some used bands.

Last edited:
Do some searches and you can find the bands you need: 6.9" to 7.25" NESS Tank Bands

I saw these, but I wasn't sure if their ability to fit 6.9" cylinders was just when you over tighten bands meant to fit 7.25" cylinders.

I saw these but I wasn't sure of their spacing, so I avoided them.

A good metal shop or guy can make anything you want.. I made bands on my slip roll... Not that hard to do really.. Stainless steel is more work then cold rolled steel, But looks nicer...

Jim...

I am looking for someone who has expericnce making bands for scuba so that I don't end up breaking my manifold.

You don't need custom. You can buy those bands new if you really want.

I also don't need mismatched 7" bands.

Back
Top Bottom