Current dive conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

An excellent morning dive!
Water temp at surface:66
At 40':62
Vis 20+
Slight westerly current
Moderate swell at low tide.
Warm water, Great visibility bagged some bugs for dinner, stopped at Patsy's for a Guinness afterwards.
I hope these conditions stay with us for the rest of the year, and on to the next!
See ya in the water!

On Sunday 10/19 we went to Crescent Bay and had a great dive. Probably the best shore dive I've ever had (not that I've ever had a really good one before to compare it to, but this was a nice day).
We made the surface swim out to Dead Man's Reef at 50'and vis was approx 15-20', lots of wildlife was out (bait balls, many sea lions, garibaldi, etc..) water was warm (low 60's at depth) and it was just a nice morning. It was a bit foggy out (good thing we took compass headings - when we surfaced the fog was so thick we couldn't see the beach or the rocks and we had no visual cues as to which was the shore was. Kinda an eery feeling - like being out in the middle of the ocean) and the waves were somewhat large, but there were good lulls, so we made it through without incident.
Things are starting to look up!

It's baaaccckkk! Past two weekends have seen good vis in the Dive Park.

Sunday was fantastic... two dives to 69 feet, watched a bat ray feeding from a distance of 3-5 feet for a total of 8 minutes between the two dives. Yes, you guessed it- no camera. Try again today and tomorrow. Vis up to 60 ft horizontal... until the bat ray really started churning things up. Temp in low 60's at depth.

Oh happy daze!

Dr. Bill

Saf, I had the same situation when I surfaced! Great thing, the compass:)
That fog wasn't there when we went in. Just goes to show, conditions can change at any moment. The waves increased quite a bit in the hour we were there.
Looks like we are getting a bit more surf this week too.
I was in Capo Beach today and it was pounding. the same thing in Laguna.:eek:

robertphillips5 once bubbled...
Saf, I had the same situation when I surfaced! Great thing, the compass:)
That fog wasn't there when we went in. Just goes to show, conditions can change at any moment. The waves increased quite a bit in the hour we were there.
Looks like we are getting a bit more surf this week too.
I was in Capo Beach today and it was pounding. the same thing in Laguna.:eek:

Is it supposed to be getting better (i.e. less waves) towards the end of the week? Swell model looks so-so.

Going to Treasure Island again tomorrow. Will post on the dive after I get back. Should be good with the S.A.'s blowing in this evening and small surf this week.
I'll let you know.

10/25/03 Dive time 08:55 a.m. 43:30 minutes
High tide 09:24 6.5Ft.
Max Depth 29 ft Water temp at depth 63 Suunto degees
Surge 3-4 feet
Visibility........wait for it.......YES!!! We had visibility, 10 feet!!!!! Hurray.
Great dive wiht lots of fish.

Dive time: 11:42 51:10 minutes
High tide 09:24 6.5Ft.
Max Depth 26 ft Water temp at depth 64 Suunto degees
Surge 3-4 feet
Visibility, a nice 10 Feet out at the reef, less closer to shore.

Great dive with lots of fish. A nice 2nd dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom