Current conditions - is it really as bad as it looks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diving tonight was nice. No rain, just a little bit of surge above 30ft. We probably had 15+ ft vis.

Today @ Pt. Lobos, Washing machine in side the cove with all the crap floating above and below :) run off from the rains. Hand holding to 50ft, viz opened to 15ft afterwards by HITW, @ 100ft depth was about 30ft viz., surge , felt like a flying monster :), seen few big fishes, they said hi.

Today @ Pt. Lobos, Washing machine in side the cove with all the crap floating above and below :) run off from the rains. Hand holding to 50ft, viz opened to 15ft afterwards by HITW, @ 100ft depth was about 30ft viz., surge , felt like a flying monster :), seen few big fishes, they said hi.

I'd rather be painting my garage. Which I did.

id rather be divin :)

Chuck when we be divin?

LOL - thanks for the report Andrew!

Now - I'm so glad we did that U turn out of Whalers cove and drove back to BW :). Brown cappuccino foam floating on top of the surface is never a good sign at Lobos :wink:.

But BW was pretty relaxing today. Entry/Exit was ok. Metridiums were pretty with about 20ft vis and the surge was not bad below 30ft.

Kathy but did you see a whale?

today was a great dive at lobos...
thanks to Andrew, we found 100ft, some big fish, and a pretty good visibility outside the cove.
inside the cove, a wash machine with dirty water !
thanks Andrew ! see you soon :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom