Curious, who has pet fish?

Do you have a fish tank?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ann Marie

be happy
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Just curious who keeps a fish tank?

Sometimes, I think it helps my sanity! So tell me about yours...

Yes, and I need to get rid of them to a good home locally. 2 Plocostimus' (sp?) 6 -8" long

And 1 Ciclid (sp?) 5" long
My large tank sprung a leak and now they're in a small 10 gallon.

I have had fish tanks for the last 30 years. I have had both fresh and saltwater. For the first time in that period I don't have a tank set up in my house. While I truly enjoy them. I ran out of time to properly take care of them, that, and my friend that owned a store sold it and retired. He used to give me the family discount on all the equipment and fish.

It is a great hobby and can be very relaxing and enjoyable. I just don't have the time anymore to take proper care it.

Well, I keep fish but not in a tank. I have an 1800 gal. pond right off of the deck with 30+ assorted goldfish in it. It's going on 9 years since I dug that hole in the ground.
Steve

Well... my vote isn't quite accurate, I voted "Yes, Freshwater tank" but I have an axolotl not a fish. I had two, but one died, presumed to be from old age as they were first a boys, who grew up and out of them and left them with his older sister when he lost interest, and then I swapped a dozen fertile rare breed hens eggs for them with that woman. So they were a few years old before I got them.

I have a 90 gal fw community tank populated with mostly rainbowfish. I've kept fish for many years, and usually have 2-3 tanks set up between home and work.

m_boesmani3.sized.jpg

I had about 4k invested in a salt with live rock and corals some 15 years ago. Frogfish was the coolest... lost it all to a infection I could not get under control! Hurt so bad (financial) I never did it again... I still love them but it takes alot of work and can be quite a process... New fish need to quarantine up to a month well, at least that's the way I did it... Saltwater fish cost to much to just let the bag float for a couple of hours and then let them go... You have to make sure the fish/rock/coral are healthy before introducing them. Could end up with a dead tank much like I did but mine was not due to something new...

Still love looking at a well kept tank...

I wouldn't hold my friends captive in an aquarium... but then I can go see them any time I want to by diving my local waters (and I don't have to feed them or clean the tank!).

Kids, "Dad, can we get some fish?"
Dad, "If you promise to take care of them."

How long do you think it lasted? :rofl3:

Gave up on the salt water tank, and now have just fresh water (130 gal), and 2 small koi ponds...... and snakes.
Lots of snakes (3 is lots to me). Fri or Sat two of my daughter's snakes laid eggs for the first time, so we may be having to add even more tanks. :shakehead:

Back
Top Bottom