Curious: Are you LDS loyal? What do you use them for?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And if two stores are selling similar regulators with essentially the same performance (and adequate support), why would somebody want to pay 2x or 3x the price??? That might be 'S'tupid.

It would be.

First thing to consider when you're making these kinds of buying decisions is whether or not it's really a commodity. With gear, it seems pretty straightforward but maybe there's something in the service the shop offers that could explain the difference in price.

The reason I brought it up, though, is because people apply "commodity" thinking to training, and I think that's wrong. Two shops offering the same course for different prices are never selling exactly the same product. You may get the same card at the end of the course, but the quality of the product they're delivering could be vastly different. It's hard to get through to some people that this is the case.

R..

There is. It is called Leisurepro. And what do you know, they have the same address as Adorama.:shocked2:

Address might be the same for Leisurepro (I have shopped there), but is there actually a dive shop?

Address might be the same for Leisurepro (I have shopped there), but is there actually a dive shop?

Maybe not. They carry way to much gear to be a dive shop.

---------- Post added March 3rd, 2014 at 09:39 PM ----------

The reason I brought it up, though, is because people apply "commodity" thinking to training, and I think that's wrong. Two shops offering the same course for different prices are never selling exactly the same product. You may get the same card at the end of the course, but the quality of the product they're delivering could be vastly different. It's hard to get through to some people that this is the case.

R..

And not necessarily different in the same way their prices are different. Shop around and try to understand what you will get for your $$$.

Leisurepro has an actual store in Manhattan. Their orders ship from their warehouse in New Jersey, though; the NYC shop is fairly small and just showcases the more popular items.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom