Curacao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Where are you staying ? Spend some time in town and try out the many restaurants.

We missed the ostrich farm and I understand it's worth doing, it's on my list for next time. The aquarium is OK but I would not go too far out of my way to see it again. A couple of nice dive sites are Porta Mari and Cas Abao. They are a couple of dollars to get in but well worth the enterance price, esp if you have non divers along.

Do Rijsttafel for dinner one night, best is Rijsttafel Indonesia - get a group of people to go if you can.

Take a tour of the harbor downtown.

Staying at Sunset Waters RonRosa. Thanks for the link CPDiver...

Returned from Sunset Waters 2 weeks ago - absolutely loved it. Sunset divers are fantastic and the house reef is great and really easy to get to. One tip - if you are planning on spending some beach time - wear aqua socks - lots of small rocks in and out of the water. When diving - keep your eyes peeled for all kinds of critters. Mushroom Forest a must see. On our last dive there we saw eagle rays munching on the garden eels! Other great spots - Lost Anchor and Santa Cruz. Enjoy...

Neil

If someone at the airport hands you something take it....it's a resturant guide. We ate at many of the different resturants on the island and never had a bad meal! Can't wait to go again. Need a buddy :)

50psi?!:
Staying at Sunset Waters RonRosa. Thanks for the link CPDiver...

Sunset Divers is a very good operator. If you want to see something in particular like a seahorse, mantis shrimp, etc., just let them know.

Definitely hit Porto Mari, Cas Abao, and Mushroom Forest. The house reef at Habitat is a nice dive too. Others are correct that the food in town is great. We never had a bad meal either. Get one of those restaurant guides / coupon books from one of the little kiosks in town or at the airpport. It seem nearly every restaurant on the island gives a free bottle of wine with dinner.

Rent a car!!! Great shore diving and worth going to town for meals. Drive slow and watch for donkeys. We saw one that had been hit. It was a bummer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom