Curacao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gdenny:
......Rent a car!!! Great shore diving and worth going to town for meals. Drive slow and watch for donkeys. We saw one that had been hit. It was a bummer.

I agree rent a vehicle but instead of a car, a 4dr truck is the way to go. So much easier to get the wet gear in and out of. We rented small diesels, nice trucks.

Wow!! Thanks for all the great responses everybody. I'm sitting here in the middle of the Arizona desert thinking about serious beach time...can't wait to get to Curacao!!!

Hey DiveCouple. Check out the www.elmar.com website-Mesa, Arizona. It'll give you all the travel info you're looking for, for the Curacao trip...I don't know where you're coming from but the dive shop travel agency has some sweet travel deals...

I'll warm 'em up for ya -- I'm going there next week, 3/31 - 4/9. Staying at the Hilton, no definite plans except a Discover Scuba dive for the wife and daughter, the aquarium, and as much diving as I can sneak off to do without the family.

Couldn't agree more with the previous posts, the house reef at Sunset Waters is fantastic...2 resident seahorses on that reef alone. We stayed at the Marriott in January and thier house reef, although nice, paled in comparison.

I will also give two thumbs up to Sunset Divers, great folks and operation.

We are going March 26-April 4 at Sunset. My wife does not night dive so PM if you are going at that time and don't mind a night dive buddy. I have to get one or two night dives in...

Leaving tomorrow morning for curacao, will be there from 3/24 - 3/31. How is the night diving on Sunsets reef?

Suppposedly it is very good. We did 1 night dive at the house reef but were a bit dissapointed - based on everything we had been told about it as a night site. Based on what we saw during the daytime, I'd think it would be excellent, though on most nights. One problem for us could have been the surge that had been ongoing for a day or so. Viz was down and a lot of the critters were hiding - more than usual. Had we had a few more days, we would have gone more often, at night. Oh well - next time!

Neil

crum:
Leaving tomorrow morning for curacao, will be there from 3/24 - 3/31. How is the night diving on Sunsets reef?

We did 2 night dives on the Sunset Waters house reef. The 2nd one was much better, as we went out later in the evening (after dinner, as opposed to before). Saw several big lobsters, a stingray, a couple of octopus, and squid. Have a great trip!

Scubagal:
We did 2 night dives on the Sunset Waters house reef. The 2nd one was much better, as we went out later in the evening (after dinner, as opposed to before). Saw several big lobsters, a stingray, a couple of octopus, and squid. Have a great trip!

In my experience with night dives in the Caribbean and Hawaii, later is better. During the transition hours I never seem to see much.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom