Cuff ring installation question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stangguy327

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I would like to mount a cuff ring set to my wife's drysuit in place of the wrist seals. I like my Si-tech set that was done at the Bare factory and dont see why I couldnt do it to her suit also.

I see alot of threads about wrist seal replacement, and many about dryglove rings that use the current wrist seals....but I have'nt seen any about installing cuff rings on a suit.

Do you think they would install just like seals, glue on and then cover the edges with tape....or is there some speacil method for them?

I just looked at the Bare drysuit page and saw only the standard SI TECH ring system that mounts to the latex cuff wrist seal.

Are you saying your SI TECH cuff ring is directly mounted to the sleeve material and not to a latex cuff?

Can you post a pic of your sleeve-end and cuff? I'm kinda curious.... :)

Dave C

Last edited:

Yes, the hard ring from what i can see is just taped to the suit sleeve(maybe glue as well). the latex seal is held in place by the friction of the inner and outer rings and can easliy be taken off the suit in seconds.

The outer rings are fixed to the suit. This makes changing seals a snap since they are just held in place by the inner ring. The glove ring will then slide into this unit just the same as it would if the ring system was installed the other way and not mounted to the sleeve material. I just dont know if there is certain mounting procedures for this system. I have never done seals before, but am pretty handy with stuff like this.

Thanks for posting the image. I'm not familiar with how it's installed, but someone here will provide the answer, I'm sure. :)

It does appear to be secured with a heat-sealed seam tape and that's probably easy to obtain.

Here's Seattle Fabrics' page that includes Melco Iron-on Seam Tape that I've heard talked about for neoprene work. (I've never used the stuff unfortunately, so I'm of limited help.)

We carry a great supply of Neopr

Best of luck! :)

Dave C

I know there are plenty of people out there who could advise you on this.... Where is everybody? :D

I've got a feeling this thread would get more responses if the Moderator moved it to the main Do It Yourself-DIY forum, which probably gets more views than this sub-forum. Technically, you're not doing a repair.

All you'd have to do is ask. :D

Dave C

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom