CSSP- When does it warm up?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

From the CSSP website.....

CONDITIONS AT CSSP AS OF 04-07-07

Due to the effects of the weather and water temperature the visibility can change from day to day. We will try to keep these reports as current as possible. You may click on the weather link for a detailed report and weather forecast for Terrell, Texas.

Surface Temp: 74 degrees
Visibility: 10' to 15'
Thermocline: No significant thermocline

Does anyone know if this is accurate?

Thanks,

There is no way the surface temp is 74 with no significant thermocline. I can believe the surface temp is 74 and the vis is 10-15. But there is a thermocline. It's probably about 15 feet or so and the temp will drop in to the mid to low 60's.

The only time there isn't a thermocline in Clear Springs is when the surface temp matches the bottom temp. This is normally about late November through February or so.

TwoBit

I was out there Mar 31 / Apr 1. (Yeah...Diving on April Fools Day was a paranoid experiance but noneventful)

Temp @ 54ft was 58 deg. My buddy got a little chilled in a 5, but I was feeling tropical in a 6.5 with hood. So much so I can't tell you where the thermocline(s) were! haha!

Vis was about 2-3ft, but it was literally the day after the water level increased 7" in a day. A couple others were sayingh it's been about 15-25 except in the southern end when classes run.

There is no way the water temp is 74 degrees right now.

Is CSSP below normal for the water level? If so, by how much?

74f LOL

Back
Top Bottom