CSSP Polar Bear??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are there only three of us showing up at CSSP on Tuesday????(John isn't going)

Is anyone else going?

Anyone............

Rhonda

I will not be attending the CSSP event. Respect to all of those who do. It's just a personal decision for me. For those attending, have fun and post reports. I am curious to know about the temp and vis.

I might consider going to Murray on New Years Day. The water would certainly be colder. And the price right, even though it is a bit further drive for me.

R

How can you say this Randy? You and I essentially live at the same spot in the metroplex. I find Murray to be about 1:55 minutes from my house (no speeding). I find PK to be something on the order of 2:15 to 2:25. IMO, Murray is definitely closer and the drive is much less stressful / more enjoyable.

While I would be happy to spend less money going to Lake Murray........ I think having available bathrooms and hot showers outweighs saving a few dollars!

Confused. Murray has heated showers and they are nicer than those at CSSP. That should meet that criterion. Fish to see might be a little tougher to solve.

Confused. Murray has heated showers and they are nicer than those at CSSP. That should meet that criterion. Fish to see might be a little tougher to solve.

Parks bath house is closed and locked this time of the year.....though the Amish have pull behind outhouses.

Parks bath house is closed and locked this time of the year.....though the Amish have pull behind outhouses.

I thought you were cat herding today?

John,

Not sure how your driving to PK to take 2:15, I always make it in about 1:30-1:45.

From my house it is 105 miles to PK, 118 miles to Murray. Since I live right on I-20, it is a strait shot west to get out of town to go to PK. To go to Murray, I have to go all the way through Fort Worth, Arlington or Dallas to get out of town and it takes a bit longer.

I talked to the folks at Scuba Point at PK, they have pretty much packed up their shop and about the only thing that they can supply right now is air fills, but they said that it was OK to come out and dive on New Years day if I wanted to.

So my preference is to goto PK, cause it's basically free and then I can hit the Diary Queen on the way back. :) But if I can't get anyone to go there with me, then I could be talked into going to lake Murray. And if all else fails, the I will have to settle for CSSP.

Randy

Okay Randy. If you say so. I have the same issues and almost the same priorities as you. I prefer Murray. It's essentially a straight shot for me up 287/820 (east side o' Ft. Worth) continuing north on I-35. It's all 4-lane minimum and interstate. Murray is only 4 miles off I-35. PK is, what, 30 miles off I-20 ??

Dairy Queen. Valley View, TX just north of Sanger. Got you covered. Easy on / Easy off. And Murray IS Free.

Both Murray and PK are pretty cool drives from Arlington actually....both have their on sights. I prefer though the drive to Murray I guess a bit better....a bit easier and the Oklahoma Visitor Station north of the Tx/Ok border is always a welcome sight!

PS--hope everyone who is going out to the CSSP New Years Day event has a good time!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom