CSSP Friday July 21?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We told Ya'll there was a Big *** Wind Devil that ripped through on Friday.
It was big enough to pick up a table.

Timeliner:
We told Ya'll there was a Big *** Wind Devil that ripped through on Friday.
It was big enough to pick up a table.

True. That would be one wopper of a devil, though, to carry a table from the south end to the north. :)

Yah, I'm sorry you missed it too, Zzzking, it was pretty bizarre, very cool thing to see. I was just glad that we hadn't ascended into the middle of it, as we had not been out of the water long when it occurred. Fortunately there weren't many divers in the lake, as it was late Sunday afternoon. Please tell that crazy Paula that I really enjoyed meeting her, and to come dive with us again, soon. I'm thinking that it's probably a good thing that we didn't hang out together in high school, hehe, we might have stayed in trouble.

Anyway, if anyone finds out the true story of the table, (which we couldn't have seen if it happened on Sat- we were there on Friday) please post. I'm wondering, TxHockeyGuy, do you mean that the table was actually on the top of the plane? Or somewhere nearby? That's weird, wonder why someone would do something like that?

I do have to admit that the vis was certainly better than some dives I've done there, but it was purty easy fer Timeliner to ditch me on our first dive. All I did was look at one cute little fishy for a little too long, and BAM! he was outta sight, yellow tank and all. It was just one of those "Can't see anyone else 'cept my buddy, but do I see bubbles over there?" kinda days, you know. I had built myself up for clear, not cloudy, since it was Friday. But, it was definitely worth diving. :wink:

I noticed the table about noon on Saturday. Like I said it was nearly straight out from the pontoon entry on the north end of the quarry. Sometime around 18:00 (6:00 PM) it was removed from that location and put on top of the plane (yes literally on top of the plane). We discovered this on our night dive. The table came from the North end far left pavillion (as you face the quarry). Someone obviously took it down there and sank it. My guess was this was done Friday as the table had obviously not been there long. It was pulled up by some instructors/DM's from ScubaToys (the group I was with) after our night dive.

Timeliner:
It was was a good day. The Wind Devil was a trip and the Perch were bloody thursty.

Sealskin98 had this new Pearl ear ring to show off to us that he got down in Mexico
( I say had ) The fish snapped it right off.

It ain't the pearl that I miss, it's the part of the ear that it was attached too!

It wasn't one of the dinner-plate sized piranha perch that got me...I took it's pic. after it chewed on my ear for a bit. It kinda looked like a silver torpedo or something. Dunno what it was. :D

Don't worry about the ear Sealskin98.
All true manly men have scars.

Besides.. As long as your the one doin' all the talkin' you don't need ears.:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom