Crystal River Manatee Snorkel Trip Dec. 10, 2005

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H2Andy:
well, big surprise... we got scheduled for a trial first thing Monday, so there
goes my weekend (earlier this week, it looked like we'd go midweek)

y'all have fun and stuff
Jenny, no need to hold your breath any longer.

Sorry you couldnt make it.

Hello this my first post on this board-I hope everyone has a good time on this trip. Does anyone have the name and number of the marina? I would love to come out and meet everyone this weekend but timing is not right.

Thanks,
Teo

This post has the numbers and map in it. We'd love to meet you!
Some notes...
Anybody who wants to come with us is welcome to. We'll find space for you, even if it's being towed behind us in an inner tube.
There won't be any video to watch because we're renting a boat.
(so bring harpoons for the hunt)
Andy-Don't be afraid to show, just because I'm driving a boat. It's not like you'll get BUZZED or anything! Besides, who would protect us from the other sharks?
Blondey- I sent you back a pm. Welcome to Jurassic Park!
Simon-Cool on the boat relief! I'm sure there won't be ANY loud noises on my boat,...
except the screaming during the lifeboat drills.

Deepseawolf-Awesome thanks. Im not sure how I missed that mapo and number.lol The misses and I would love to get involved with everyone in doing dives around the state. Hope to meet everyone soon!

Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 69. Calm wind becoming west between 5 and 8 mph.

Saturday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 40.

Simon, what kind of drive time did you have from Otown to Crystal River? I am trying to establish a departure time.

scubafool:
I am trying to establish a departure time.

i would suggest a time prior to the time you are supposed to arrive. leaving at
a time after you are supposed to arrive makes it really hard to arrive at the
time you are supposed to arrive

if you need further clarification, please contact me for a free consultation

Do we need to bring our own reel, or will a tangled reel be available for us to use?

scubafool:
Simon, what kind of drive time did you have from Otown to Crystal River? I am trying to establish a departure time.
Usually i would anticipate about 1.5-2 hours from downtown Orlando, thats approximately 50 mins to Wildwood and then another 40-50 min (depending on roadwork on SR44) from there to Crystal River. I would think it quicker for you to take 40, 42 or 44 (i cant recall which one you are close to) over to I-75 and then get on 44 to CR.

We are down in St Pete tonight for an xmas party with the hospital Christina is rotating with, so we will be travelling from there up the Suncoast Pwy to 44, it should also take around 1.5-2 hours, but at that time in the morning you have to hope its fairly clear :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom