Crystal River Manatee Snorkel Trip Dec. 10, 2005

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will be there Sat only.....I would like to dive too.....but if time and constraints are the rule, a snorkle trip is perfect.....should I have a 6mm wetsuit anyway???I hate to be cold....

I am unfamiliar with the area and would surely appreciate a map or directions to the location.....
my local phone is 954 456 6005. I will be there starting the 30th in the evening.....
thanks in advance for the assist......

Can't wait to check thos OUT!!!!
mary

Swimming, diving, drowning the children, feeding enemies to the maneating T's,...
I'm going rigged out the whole day, both days. I'll have warm blankets/towels to wrap up in if needs be. Considering the wonderful ride back to shore in 40 degree air after the 3 sisters dive. THAT was refreshing! besides that, I'll probably be piloting one of the yachts. Hmmm,... I need a Black hat and a blue shirt.
I'll be beating scubafool over the top of the head with the hat all the time!
In RSVP's;
We have at least one small boat filled for Saturday now!

DEEPSEAWOLF:
besides that, I'll probably be piloting one of the yachts.
Cool, I think that I will be on the other one. I would kinda like to live to see dry land again, Cap'n.
Hmmm,... I need a Black hat and a blue shirt.
I'll be beating scubafool over the top of the head with the hat all the time!
Might I ask why?!

And in fact, when it comes to those vicious sea cows, you are now on your own.

Looks like Saturday the 10th for myself and Dawn also.

OK, I will rephrase that.

Li'l buddy: "Skipper, I think that I should ride on the other boat, just in case a giant bungee cord happens to be attached to this one. I wouldn't want you to worry about me, you will, I mean might, need all of your attention focused on keeping the ship afloat."

So far, this is a two boat event Saturday with about 8 people per boat. if some are only snorkeling, or bubblewatching, we could probably drop one or two more on each boat. At the very least, I'll call tomorrow and confirm for two boats on Saturday. If we have enough people that want to do Sunday as well, I'll keep our names on the list for the big boat. If we opt out there, I'm sure they'll have someone willing to take it, if not fight over it. Final decision on that will be made this Friday. I'm up for a two day event!

cardzard:
If you didnt run home after lunch last year to buy a DRYSUIT and braved the BALMY temps you could have dove King Springs and 3 Sisters with us. :D

I think we are diving again this year also.
Appointments to see the goods and of course money burning a hole in my pocket - a problem i could probably do with right now :wink:

I called and confirmed with Adam; we now have two boats for Saturday and the big boat for Sunday. Next step is hotel rez. I will probably be staying at the best western by the marina. Need to check my finances first, otherwise I'll be sleeping in the CAR! :wink:

The best western is nearly full! There are so many groups diving in the area, and it is peak season so rates are high and availability is low.
Their rack rates run $102.00 + tax/2 adults/night
If we get a group rez, the price drops to 89$ + tax/night!
I have given her the group names of;
Scubaboard.com and Visions of Atlantis
We need five reservations under this group, regardless of group name.
I just reserved my room, so we only need four more to get the cheaper rate!
She has less than a dozen rooms open, and there may or may not be cancellations.
Reserve now and save a few bucks.
They only require a credit card to reserve a room, then you can either charge the card at checkout or pay otherwise, your choice.

For anyone who needs directions;
This is the exact same location we left from LAST year...
For you noobs,... Here's a map. :wink:

My cellphone # is 352-281-4879
The # to the dive shop is 352-795-6798
The # to the hotel is 352-795-3171

We will be staying with some Cardzard and Roxanne, so we won't be needing a room. Thanks anyways. Looking forward to the trip!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom