Crystal River Manatee Snorkel Trip Dec. 10, 2005

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cold schmold....

12/10 should work for us, i will double check with her indoors just in case.

Now that it looks like we could shove a dozen people on a boat, I'll contact some shops, starting with Bird's and the next step is,... lodging! I went to Crystal River last weekend and will probably be going down there again tomorrow. As I'll be heading down after work in the morning without much sleep, I'll need a place to crash out that night instead of driving home. Even though it is only an hour plus drive, I'd like to stay and join the evening crew this time. Do we want to snag a boat for the day on Sunday?

I'd like to bring the wife and daughter for the Saturday manatee snorkle (their first) and I'm going to Ginnie on Sunday.

I don't have net access at home and with only a cellphone, it's a PITA making calls. I should have an update on everything on Monday night.

Dawn and I are THERE with bells on.

Does someone have an extra speargun that they can loan me? For self defense & all.

Jenny,
I can't be there for 10DEC - I am camping with my ten kids at LaNoChe that weekend. Have a good time and post a trip report for how it went.

My family may make it up there the week after, 16DEC, and stay at the Plantation Inn if they still let guests use their boat ramp as part of the amenities (er, amanatees, that is :D ). If not that weekend, definitely over the Christmas holiday.

It was great meeting you all at the turkey fry, BTW.

scubafool:
Dawn and I are THERE with bells on.

Does someone have an extra speargun that they can loan me? For self defense & all.

I can loan you the gun - but where are you going to get a turkey fryer _that_ big?!

Uh oh, here comes PETA - gotta run!:1poke:

Talked to Ann this weekend, and she suggested we just rent a boat. Sounds like a plan to me...we can snorkel n dive all day then!

Thedaddy... good meetin ya this weekend too..

The trick will be the putering around all stealthly like in the early am and looking for the little fist size snout and little "there she puffs" of the Tee's and not scaring or scaring (like skeered and skarred) the TEE's.

Who all is going to this adventure? What are the accommendations? Are we all staying in Simon's room?

Where do I call to make the reservations? Oh geesh! Now I sound like A.K. cooking dinner.

JK

Crossing fingers and hoping for no mandatory OT.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom