Crushed Neoprene - Manufacturers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Hardhat! - I appreciate you sharing your experience, that's pretty much what I thought on the CF200 vs XCD2 comfort comparison, unless I can come up w/a killer price on DUI I'll probably stick w/the XCD2 - sounds like a very good suit.
Regards, JC

hardhat:
I have dove the DUI CF200, it is a great suit to dive. In my opinion though the Bare XCD2 is a very compairable suit in the water. The one thing that I have seen in the past with the CF200 is that if you get one that leaks, they seem to always leak, no matter how many times it goes back to DUI. If you get one that doesn't leak you have a bullet proof suit. They seem to leak on seams. From what I understand of how DUI makes the "crushed" neoprene (the suit is built out of normal neoprene and then it is crushed in a chamber) is the problem with getting them repaired. On the flip side the Bare XCD2 is made from neoprene that has been "compressed" before the suit is made. They have worked on developing a method of seaming the material together that has a good record of sealing the seams water tight and if repairs are needed they have a good success rate. The other thing that is a noticeable difference is the cost, Dui = lots of money, Bare = about half the money.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom