Crotch strap that is adjustable DURING the dive (no quick release buckle if possible)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If the crotch strap needs to be so precise, perhaps the buckle and waist strap are too close to the bottom of your ribcage. Have you considered a longer backplate? The buckle would ride lower so you wouldn't need to fuss with the crotch strap.

Thanks for your answers, a triglide in the front seems like the best solution. I'll give that a try.

Thanks for your answers, a triglide in the front seems like the best solution. I'll give that a try.

Good luck adjusting a triglide in the water. I have a hard enough time adjusting the triglide on my crotch strap with it right in front of me. Unless you are scootering a plastic fastex buckle would work fine.

Now, that is an interesting idea. The OP can buy a length of webbing for a strap - 1", 1.5", 2", whatever width they want. They can attach it in the back with a tri-glide, then create a loop in front with the strap adjuster. Hadn't thought of that. Will be interested to see how that works, if the OP goes that route.

I saw that as well. Just placed an order for a couple of them. Had to order webbing anyway for some custom harnesses I want to try.

When I first got a BP/W I realized immediately that I wanted a quick release mechanism AND an elastic component. I was ridiculed on the forum for my comments about an elastic crotch strap, but time has shown the idea to be robust and useful.

I take a 6-inch piece of heavy bungi material and tie a loop on the plate (at the rear attachment point).
I have a small barrel clip tied to the crotch strap, so I can instantly add or remove the crotch strap - should i decide not to dive with one. I then have an independent loop of belt on one section of the fastex clip and the other mate of the fastex clip on the main piece of strap. This allows it to be adjustable and gives you some stretch when you bend over on the boat for example.

I've bought several things from strapworks, they seem to be a good company. these are cool belts for wearing in casual settings and for camping uses etc..

Side Release Buckle Straps

I take a 6-inch piece of heavy bungi material and tie a loop on the plate (at the rear attachment point).
I have a small barrel clip tied to the crotch strap, so I can instantly add or remove the crotch strap - should i decide not to dive with one. I then have an independent loop of belt on one section of the fastex clip and the other mate of the fastex clip on the main piece of strap. This allows it to be adjustable and gives you some stretch when you bend over on the boat for example.

Would you maybe be able to upload a photo of that setup?

What is the advantage of the strap adjuster over the quick release?

Back
Top Bottom