critical care RN looking for live aboard position

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pookie

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Love to dive, boat, travel, while employed as a nurse on a live aboard. I know they work on cruise ships, how about live aboards or private charters? Padi advanced cert. working towards master diver. Have 20 yrs critical care nursing experience! Give me a call! Diane

Consider getting CHRN Certification & Training; you can work at a Hyperbaric Chamber in a large medical center, or stand-by/relief duty at a resort location as additional or optional side jobs as well. . .

Hey thats an option! Thanks

Consider getting CHRN Certification & Training; you can work at a Hyperbaric Chamber in a large medical center, or stand-by/relief duty at a resort location as additional or optional side jobs as well. . .

while that can't hurt, I don't know of any liveaboards that have a chamber on board.

A better training class for someone wanting to get a job as crew on any liveaboard ship is the STCW Training for "standing watch", etc.

taking a STCW 95 course will go a long way in getting a crew slot on any ocean going vessel. most require it or something like it.

while that can't hurt, I don't know of any liveaboards that have a chamber on board.

A better training class for someone wanting to get a job as crew on any liveaboard ship is the STCW Training for "standing watch", etc.

taking a STCW 95 course will go a long way in getting a crew slot on any ocean going vessel. most require it or something like it.
Captain Lenny on the Truk Odyssey Liveaboard is also a stand-by/relief hyperbaric technician for the Recompression Chamber in Chuuk Lagoon.

Also, this particular technical dive liveaboard (M/V Empress) actually has a multi-place recompression chamber onboard. . .

Captain Lenny on the Truk Odyssey Liveaboard is also a stand-by/relief hyperbaric technician for the Recompression Chamber in Chuuk Lagoon.

I bet his screw have also all had to take the STCW 95 course or something similar.

I'm just saying it'll go a lot further with a liveboard crew than a chamber operator (when most liveaboards don't have chambers).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom