Crete, Greece

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Belushi:
LMAO, the vulgarity of the sites is amusing. But at least it does the job. We are talking about them, and isnt that the idea of advertising.

I have just arrived in Crete and after a week or so of chilling, and looking around, I will be on the hunt for work and some fun.

Might just say hello.

Belushi,
If your stuck for a Job try Tassos at Aqualand Crete he's in Istron Hotel just outside of Ag.Nikolaus. Tell him I recommended Him.........Let me know if there are any problems...

Thanks Argos ... will do ...
At least the weather is better here than it is in Corfu!

Just returned from a wonderful week i Chania. We did some driving around the west of the island, and found some nice places to be with the kids this time, and without the next time...

We didn't do any scuba diving. I did some free diving, and although I didn't really get to some great spots, I can't say the marine life was aboundant... However, on the south west point Elafonissi, it wasn't bad. I only free dove to about 12 meters. Maybe it's more fun further down? The Elafonissi beach however, is splendid! And we had it almost by ourselves since we were there out of season.

Another place for next time is Plakias, were several dive operators work out of. Seems like a nice place to go by motorcycle as well.

Be warned... I was told only 50% of the drivers on the road has a drivers license! I saw several vehicles without any registration plates driving around, and lane splitting doing 130 km/h can be pretty scary if you're a regular Joe on the road...
:wink:

Hi guys,
I'm off to Crete in August, for a week.
We're going to southern Crete, just a straight line south from Heraklion, on the opposit coast. The place is called Agia Galini.
Has anyone got any experience of the (diving) region?

Thanks for assisting!!
Gab

Hello Hello,.
I'm sorry for not seeing your letter sooner but I've been to Crete twice and prepared for a third visit beside diving I suggest to walk the Samira Gorge!!!!! Anyway I've been diving in the Aguiso Nickolas area {North East coast} and enjoyed it very much. As said before not to much marine life but I've seen Moray eels and Groupers neat. Check the dive center at Mirabello Hotel. On my second trip I dove at Paleochora, which is south west. A very nice dive center called Aquacreta. Crete being an Island you dive off a beach and go down to 40 meters. Suggested time to go would be summer and late summer. Enjoy

I will be in Athens Nov 23nd to Nov 24th 2007 and Cyprus Nov 30th along with Crete December 4th. I would love to dive while there. Anyone want to meet up for this?

Natasha
I don't think you'll find too many dive clubs or shop open at the end of November December. They mostly deal with tourism and not the locals {Crete} Cyprus you might be able to dive at the Zanubia. Check the places I mentioned Aquacreta and another big shop in Chania I don't remember what's called. But Crete is a neat place anyway!!! You may want to look into my neighborhood we have diving all year round both in the Med and in the Red Sea. Be glad to help.
Rauven

RauvenS:
Natasha
I don't think you'll find too many dive clubs or shop open at the end of November December. They mostly deal with tourism and not the locals {Crete} Cyprus you might be able to dive at the Zanubia. Check the places I mentioned Aquacreta and another big shop in Chania I don't remember what's called. But Crete is a neat place anyway!!! You may want to look into my neighborhood we have diving all year round both in the Med and in the Red Sea. Be glad to help.
Rauven

Hi Rauven!
Thanks for the reply. Your neighborhood is my lifelong dream. I hope to get there (Israel) in the next 2 years. But, for now this Greek Island Athens to Barcelona 14 day cruise will have to do. :winky:

I would love to meet up with any Scubaboarders if possible..and if it works to dive there in the winter I am in. There will be 3 of us divers total.

Natasha
I'll be here keep in touch and we'll dive together. enjoy your trip and have fun.
Bye for now
Rauven

Hello everybody,

I'm going to Crete in June for work (Heraklion area) and as a scubaboarder it would be a serious sin not to bring my diving gear and take a look under water :wink: (diving from june 17th till 20th or 21st).
Is there anybody that can advise me on diving/dive centers in this area? I've found this dive center (http://www.staywet.gr) in Agia Pelagia.
Are there specific sites I should ask for (They offer dives to a WWII Messerschmitt 109 wreck, and some caverns).
Most diving in Belgium is in cold (below 60°F most of the year) sandy water where 5m of visibility is something to be ecstatic about...I know I will have a blast over there :wink:

thanks for your replies,

dimitri
http://www.staywet.gr

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom