Cressisub summer suits: would like info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

coasterp

Registered
Reaction score
No one in my area carries them but I found one from an online seller. I like the look. Anyway, does anyone use these? I picked up a 3mm and plan to use for my checkout dives in Key Largo. I would like to know if anyone has any experiences with these, good or bad, especially before I pull it out of the package and try it on.

I have 2 Cressi suits. A 7/5mm Ice semi wet & a Lontra 2, 5mm steamer. They're excellent top of the line wet suits. Many manufacturers however make suits that are just as good. I decided on the Cressi's because they fit me like a glove & therefore do the job they're supposed to do very well.

Just a word of free advice, so it's probably worth just that. Never, ever buy a wet suit just because you like it's look. Get one that is of high quality construction, made from the best materials. Fit fit fit. If it doesn't fit you well, it won't work well. Fit is paramount in a wet suit. Even an ugly elcheapo suit that fits properly will be better than a top of the line suit that doesn't. Well, until it falls apart anyway. Looking good is a secondary concern.

Thanks for the advice on the fit. I am well aware of it though. Unfortunately being up in the cold NE leaves little choice for warm water suits. I was a little reluctant to actually purchase on-line and would have preferred to try before buying. Didn't have that luxury though. I found only a small amount of positive feedback regarding the suit I bought, so I felt comfortable with it being a quality suit but some additional opinions are always welcome. Good news is that if it does not fit correctly, it should be no problem to return and I will still have time to get another sent before heading off to Key Largo at the end of the month.

Back
Top Bottom