Cressi Leonardo, no display after renewing battery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello,
We apologize for the delays in answering the e-mails sent to returns@cressiusa.com. We are improving our internal procedures for increasing the performance of giving assistance every day.

Thank you for your patience.

Michael B.
After Sales Service
Cressi
Is it possible to erase a dive from the log?
My Leonardo failed to log two dives in June.

Is it possible to erase a dive from the log?
My Leonardo failed to log two dives in June.
Hello,
No, it is not possible to delete any recorded logs from the computer. It is done on purpose since the computer keeps in memory the history and the total of all the dives performed. In fact, it is possible to read the total number of dives made and the total number of diving hours. The deletion of the data is not allowed as these records are a bit like the black box of the aircraft which can be interrogated for any reason, even in the case of diagnostics.
Kind of like the total mileage of cars that cannot be reset. If the first owner sold the car, the second owner knows how many kilometers the car has driven and therefore knows what kind of maintenance is needed.
The main reason is for the safety of the diver and to avoid any lack of information in case the computer is sold to another. Dive computers are also used by dive centers for courses, used by multiple divers, therefore they must monitor the dives performed for maintenance (cleaning, o-ring lubrication, o-ring/battery change).
It is recommended to lubricate the seal once a year or every 60 hours of immersion. Whenever the battery is changed, the O-ring must also be changed.
It is strongly advised that the diver treats the computer carefully and checks the seal and proper functioning before each dive. If it's noticed any wear on the o-ring then it is advisable to change it before any dive.
Good maintenance of the device is to the advantage of the owner's safety.

Best regards,

Michael B.

Well then, my Leonardo failed to log two dives in June but logged dives in October. How's that possible?

Well then, my Leonardo failed to log two dives in June but logged dives in October. How's that possible?

Was the clock set right in June? I now have a bunch of dives from a few years before I was certified -- because I forgot to check/set time&date after last battery change and they were logged with timestamps from years ago.

Hello,

The computer has an internal memory that can store a fixed amount of data. The logbook can store up to 75 hours of diving or 60 dives. The quantity of dives depends on their duration and on the amount of data to store, so the numbers previously mentioned are just an indication.
If the maximum capacity is reached the computer starts to delete the oldest dives for creating free space for new dive logs.
I do not know how many dives you have done between June and October, unless you have dove very often the computer saves every dive in the logbook.
However, if the computer is set in GAGE mode, it will not store any information in the logbook.

The reply of @dmaziuk can be another reason since the logs are saved with the timestamp, it is possible to save the dives in a different chronological order than the reality. After any battery change, it's necessary to update the date and the time.

Regards,

Michael B.

Hello,
We apologize for the delays in answering the e-mails sent to returns@cressiusa.com. We are improving our internal procedures for increasing the performance of giving assistance every day.

Thank you for your patience.

Michael B.
After Sales Service
Cressi
Hi.
can you tell me what the returns email address is for europe please?

Hello. I'm also having trouble with my Leonardo. I bought mine in March 2021 and did 19 dives then put it away until a few weeks ago. it worked for around 10 dives and then the screen went blank etc. No battery chang.. I've emailed Cressi, fingers crossed.

Hello. I'm also having trouble with my Leonardo. I bought mine in March 2021 and did 19 dives then put it away until a few weeks ago. it worked for around 10 dives and then the screen went blank etc. No battery chang.. I've emailed Cressi, fingers crossed.
Welcome to ScubaBoard.
Assuming you bought your dive computer new in March 2021, it should still be under warranty. In that case I would first contact the shop you bought it from.
I e-mailed (or was it through the contact form they have in their web site? - can't remember) cressi once for an issue I had with a mask and never got a reply back.
Good luck

Welcome to ScubaBoard.
Assuming you bought your dive computer new in March 2021, it should still be under warranty. In that case I would first contact the shop you bought it from.
I e-mailed (or was it through the contact form they have in their web site? - can't remember) cressi once for an issue I had with a mask and never got a reply back.
Good luck
Hi Stepfen,
Thanks for the reply. I bought it from Amazon (shameful i know but i live far from the shops) and they are redirecting me to Cressi. I'm not very hopeful but you never know.

Hi.
can you tell me what the returns email address is for europe please?

Hi,
The best is to visit the Cressi website at the URL www.cressi.com. Be sure to be on the International side by clicking the flag on top. Go to the menu SUPPORT > CONTACTS and fill the form.
If nobody will answer you after one week, contact me at returns@cressiusa.com with all the data of your computer and addresses and I will assist you.

Regards.

Back
Top Bottom