Cressi Leonardo, no display after renewing battery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Michael,

Has this issue been resolved in new Leonardo models?
I guess I'm the guinea pig to find out. I haven't heard anything on here or from the Cressi link since the end of last week. I used blind faith and purchased a Leonardo watch with a camo strap for my trip and to see what screens I will be in from startup to see if I can get anything on my two computers that are out. My girlfriend will rent one while in Cozumel next week. I chose the camouflage one since I hadn't seen it before and hopefully it's a newly manufactured watch.

I have another trip to Cozumel in August and as soon as that trip is done I will put the dead battery in the watch to drain any capacitor down to check in case it needs to be serviced also.

I called Cressi USA and the person is out of the office currently and asked me to call back. He didn't seem to know about the issue and wants the receipts. If he's going to insist on the 2 years then the warranty expired last week. I may just sell all mine and my girlfriends Cressi gear soon and buy new stuff if this doesn't work out. I don't foresee this going well.

I emailed a service center for Cressi last week too from their site called regtechscuba but haven't gotten a reply. There is 4 service centers in the US for Cressi. I will call them all today to see what price they charge to do it myself.

Previous people have said their dealers could reprogram them. Does anyone know what shops those were.

The previously mentioned button press series doesn't do anything on the out units. It's 6 short button presses to get to guage from a sleep on the new unit, then a long, short, and long again. This is the previously mentioned gage setting.

Problem is the beeps made by the unit are not the same on the old versus new. I also tried 5 short, one long, one short and one long like previously stated. Nothing.

So possibly the watch I got does run new software as the beeps made are different. I can do videos if needed.

The new battery is branded Murata, not Duracell that came in the unit or as people were told to use Varta. So battery is not the issue, it's a defect in the software. The Murata other than Name is stamped identical to a new Duracell

I guess I'm the guinea pig to find out. I haven't heard anything on here or from the Cressi link since the end of last week. I used blind faith and purchased a Leonardo watch with a camo strap for my trip and to see what screens I will be in from startup to see if I can get anything on my two computers that are out. My girlfriend will rent one while in Cozumel next week. I chose the camouflage one since I hadn't seen it before and hopefully it's a newly manufactured watch.

I have another trip to Cozumel in August and as soon as that trip is done I will put the dead battery in the watch to drain any capacitor down to check in case it needs to be serviced also.

I called Cressi USA and the person is out of the office currently and asked me to call back. He didn't seem to know about the issue and wants the receipts. If he's going to insist on the 2 years then the warranty expired last week. I may just sell all mine and my girlfriends Cressi gear soon and buy new stuff if this doesn't work out. I don't foresee this going well.

I emailed a service center for Cressi last week too from their site called regtechscuba but haven't gotten a reply. There is 4 service centers in the US for Cressi. I will call them all today to see what price they charge to do it myself.

Previous people have said their dealers could reprogram them. Does anyone know what shops those were.

The previously mentioned button press series doesn't do anything on the out units. It's 6 short button presses to get to guage from a sleep on the new unit, then a long, short, and long again. This is the previously mentioned gage setting.

Problem is the beeps made by the unit are not the same on the old versus new. I also tried 5 short, one long, one short and one long like previously stated. Nothing.

So possibly the watch I got does run new software as the beeps made are different. I can do videos if needed.

The new battery is branded Murata, not Duracell or as people were told to use Varta. So battery is not the issue. The Murata other than Name is stamped identical to a new Duracell

Thanks for sharing your experience, @Cozumeltime, discouraging as it is.

Of the two Cressi US service centers, Reg Tech still hasn't answered emails or phone calls, and Scuba Pro Tech only services Cressi regulators.

I have the RA number, and will ship them off tomorrow for updating. Hopefully they'll be back for the August Cozumel trip. Michael is on it.

Just an update: I sent my computer to cressi about a week and a half ago and they returned it today and it is working again! very pleased with cressi's customer service

Just an update: I sent my computer to cressi about a week and a half ago and they returned it today and it is working again! very pleased with cressi's customer service
I also sent an email to the above email address. I explained who referred me and what the issue was and that it was a known problem.

It did take almost a week to get the RA number. I mailed it off on Friday, it was scheduled for delivery back 8 days later while on my trip. I borrowed a watch for that trip.

Both units tested and work great. Installed back into our consoles ready for the August trip.

I ended up returning the Leonardo watch and will be buying a Cressi Neon as a backup. I will be checking the batteries more often on the Leonardos.

I got same problem, and wrote 3 mail to returns@cressiusa.com , also wrote on their website.
Never response me.
How can I do ? This is a brand new computer , I never use it until run out battery power.
When I change battery it blank.

你好,
僅 Cressi Leonardo 模型可能會出現黑屏效果。我們能夠進行永久性修復,並且如前一篇文章中所建議的,如果需要幫助,有必要與我們聯繫。
對於美國、加拿大、加勒比海、太平洋島國,您可以通過發送電子郵件至returns@cressiusa.com與我們聯繫,提供您的姓名、地址和潛水電腦型號,我們將為您提供幫助。
對於其他地區,我們邀請您訪問我們的網站 cressi.com,導航至聯繫方式並填寫表格尋求幫助。我們在世界各地設有多個分支機構,因此將由您所在地區的主管部門提供幫助。

問候,

邁克爾·B。
北美退貨部
克雷西
I DO THIS, But got nothing, No body respon me.
I wrote 3 mail already.

Somebody told in this thread that leonardo has one way IR interface. I think it's not truth. It looks like it consist of two IR diodes. Tx and rx so in 99% it can be fixed flashing new software but it needs factory software, not those given by Cressi. It's for end user.

When you put new battery all symbols are shown for the moment like it should be, but after that screen goes blank. So i think it's not mechanical, electrical or battery problem. (Max. current for 50% battery is significant lower than 100%, so if it could be like that every battery should not work below 100%).

I think so it's well known for Cressi software bug and like they wrote it can be fixed by them permanently (probably reprogramming device).

Is it possible to do it by myself if i'm right? Possible, but there are too many problem with that:
1. No factory software to do magic things,
2. No fixed firmware to upload
So finally it will not take 10 minutes to fix it, but probably weeks...

I just wonder why (if i'm right) they do not allow to upgrade firmware like almost every hardware producer do? Everyone will be happy and problem will not exist.
Of course this involves only one model so i answer for myself - it's not worthy for one device type and few angry clients.

Hi again. I'm not sure about what i told before, but i checked one thing. If you look at display at sharp angle you can see that after turning it on it looks like display segments are visible, but with contrast close to zero. I can't see is there any change during menu operations. It goes completly blank when it goes into sleep mode (press and hold - one short beep).
Of course it doesn't change anything...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom