Cressi Leonardo, no display after renewing battery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello everyone, I had the same problem with my Cressi yesterday. After changing the battery after a while without using, the display was dead, but the computer still made noises when I pressed the main button.
Today I called the local dealer where I bought the computer. As I described the problem, he already knew it because it had come up several times in the past.
The good thing is that his Cressi Key Acocunter has meanwhile told my local dealer how to solve the problem.
And indeed - after 10 minutes of rebooting on the laptop in the shop, the dive computer works fine again.
So you don't have to throw away your computers - the problem is known at Cressi and can be fixed - even by local shops when they know what to do!
Could you please tell me, what they exactly did to get it working again?

Tried to contact you via DM but couldn't as I'm to new to this forum. Maybe you can send me a message - I'm from Germany too.

Thank you very much.

Not sure if the Leonardo is similar in this way to the Cressi Archimedes- the Archimedes has a small reset button on the back near the battery cover and I sometimes have to push it after changing the battery to get things working again after a battery change.

Leo has a separately sealed battery compartment. No buttons in there.

Hello,
We inform you that the Leonardo is a different dive computer compared to the Archimede model. The Leonardo does not have any "reset" button.
As mentioned in a previous post, in the case of the blank screen problem, it's possible to permanently fix this effect but only the Cressi company can do it, not any dive shop.
If you are located in North or Central America please contact us by writing an e-mail to returns@cressiusa.com indicating the computer model, serial number, date of purchase, and shipping address.

Thank you,

Michael B.
Cressi

Hello all,

I'm just now having this problem. I have the cressi leonardo dive console which I loved, but if this is a known issue with Cressi computer then I doubt I'm going to get another one. Does anyone else use a console computer instead of a wrist computer? If so, which brand/model is recommended??

Hello all,

I'm just now having this problem. I have the cressi leonardo dive console which I loved, but if this is a known issue with Cressi computer then I doubt I'm going to get another one. Does anyone else use a console computer instead of a wrist computer? If so, which brand/model is recommended??
I would encourage you to reach out to Cressi with the info provided above by their rep, and let us know how it worked out for you. Unfortunately I tossed mine before they came into this thread; their previous response to my email had been to take it to one of their authorized brick and mortar dealers (which I did, and they said they couldn't fix it.) If they're now dealing with the issue, great; you'll get to keep using a computer you've loved without having to shell out another couple hundred bucks. If not, I think we'd all like to know so we can consider that in our future purchases as well.

Yeah I did email cressi, although I'm not really expecting a quick response. Keeping my fingers crossed that it was some sort of recall issue that they fix for free but that's just wishful thinking. I haven't looked at dive computers in years, can't believe how expensive they are!:oops: I guess that's divin for ya

Hello,
The blank screen effect could happen on the Cressi Leonardo model only. We are able to make a permanent fix and, as suggested in a previous post, it is necessary to contact us in case of assistance.
For the U.S., Canada, Caribbean, Pacific Island, you can contact us by writing an e-mail to returns@cressiusa.com providing your name, address, and dive computer model and we will assist you.
For the other region, we invite you to visit our website cressi.com, navigate to Contact and fill out the form for assistance. We have several branches located all over the world, so assistance will be provided by the department in charge of the area where you are located.

Regards,

Michael B.
Returns Department for North America
Cressi

Hello,
The blank screen effect could happen on the Cressi Leonardo model only. We are able to make a permanent fix and, as suggested in a previous post, it is necessary to contact us in case of assistance.
For the U.S., Canada, Caribbean, Pacific Island, you can contact us by writing an e-mail to returns@cressiusa.com providing your name, address, and dive computer model and we will assist you.
For the other region, we invite you to visit our website cressi.com, navigate to Contact and fill out the form for assistance. We have several branches located all over the world, so assistance will be provided by the department in charge of the area where you are located.

Regards,

Michael B.
Cressi
Michael,

Has this issue been resolved in new Leonardo models?

Hello,

Regards,

Michael B.
Cressi
Both of mine are blank after startup. Please also answer the question of whether the new watches have this problem fixed. Nexts weeks trip is in jeopardy and I need a computer for both of us. What is the cause of this and is there any temporary user fix?

I used Toshiba batteries, and then used a Duracell like what came in the unit originally, both with the same results. Supposedly Energizer has a higher mah and I will try it today also. But as the screen does work it appears to be a programming issue solely or internal capacitor failure.

Can I pay to overnight them Monday and pay for overnight shipping back for new ones so I can make my trip on the 11th. I have sent the email to you at the returns email address.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom