Cressi Big Eyes or go with Big Eyes Evolution?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cdnmr

New
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Looking to pick up a new mask/snorkel as el cheapo my Wife bought a few years ago has seen better days.

Tried on my Brother's Big Eyes and the fit was much better than old mask.

I see the Big Eyes with snorkel on Amazon for $76 Canadian and Big Eyes Evolution with upgraded snorkel for $138 Canadian. I've read the is different on the evo, claim to have a better seal/fit as well as better buckles?

I snorkel while on vacation, twice yearly (surface only so far) and hope to take some SCUBA courses in the next couple of years.

Anyone with one or both have any input on if the EVO is worth the extra money?

This isn't an answer to a question that you asked, but it is something to keep in mind.

Perhaps more than any other piece of your dive gear, the fit of a mask is critical. If there is one item that is worth it to go to your LDS and try on in person, this is it. Even the "best mask in the world" becomes annoying very quickly if you are constantly clearing it.

My advice would be to go in to your LDS, and try on a few. Then go with the one that works the best for your face shape. It might be an expensive one, or it might be a very economical one, but the only way to know for sure is to try on a few different ones.

I like my Cressi bcause it is the only one to have a slant of about 15 degrees. Makes it easier to see what is below you. Try it and see better..

Get the BE Evolution Crystal. Silicone is very comfortable and skirt will not fade. I've had one for 2 years. In/Out of chlorine pool at leadt once a week and 100 ocean dives. Still looks like new.

Thanks for the feedback/advice.

I stopped at a dive shop tonight and they didnt have any Cressi masks but I tried at least a dozen other masks out.
I now see why everyone says go to a shop!

My favourite was the Halycon H-View (never heard of them before tonight) then the Atomic Aquatics frameless and the Tusa Freedom HD. Preferred the black skirts on the first two but only got to try the Tusa clear, would like to compare apples to apples.

Plan on visiting shop #2 this weekend....Amazon's lost a sale for sure.

Back
Top Bottom