Creation vs. Evolution

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would you assume that giving up faith = hedonism? If anything, it means the opposite, as determined by multiple studies. One example:

Religousness & violence

Religion = more violence, more teenage pregnancy, more crime, more STD's, more teenage abortions, etc, etc, etc.

First, The inference was future tense. Secondly, Religion doesn't make people better. a relationship with Christ does.

Religion/belief in god is irrational; there is no physical evidence to suggest he/she/it has ever existed.

Jesus didn't exist? Wow. I guess Josephus was referencing a myth.

...and we often here people today saying the sky opened up and it rained like I'd never seen it rain. Your point is?

My point is once again you gloss over what the bible says by interpreting it. The point of literalism is that you read it as it is. Who are you to pick and choose which parts aren't literal? If the firmament isn't literal, why isn't the 7 days of creation? Is the light bulb starting to come on yet?

James referred to Job by name..pretty odd to reference a parable by the name of its main character. James 5:11

That there was a historical Job doesn't in any way mean that the book of Job is not a fable. You realize that in Hebrew, Job is a poem and not prose. A poem. Someone wrote a poem about a guy who had a lot of bad stuff happen to him.

Do you honestly believe God and Satan one day colluded to ruin a man's life? Because... you know... I thought they weren't on speaking terms back then. :eyebrow:

The utter lack of a consistent world-wide belief system, and the presence of multiple religions all claiming to have "the truth (TM)" speaks volumes against a supposedly omniscient being.
A fundamental lack of understanding about the war between good and evil. The best way to keep people from a message, make a similar counterfeit message to fool as many as possible.

ce4jesus:
Which begs the question why we see so many gaps in the fossil record. If these changes were small, over millions of years, we should have an almost complete fossil record.

Not every animal that dies gets fossilized...

Hey, look, you answered your own question.

Looking back at the history of many religions, one sees continually adapting belief system, quite often in direct opposition to what their religious texts teach; and more-often than not those changes act to preserve, or increase, the religions power within society. And I see religions acting completely counter to what they teach - violence, war, and hatred all promoted by faiths which claim to be about love and peace...

No argument here, there have been atrocities committed in the name of Christ.

Which begs the question why we see so many gaps in the fossil record. If these changes were small, over millions of years, we should have an almost complete fossil record.

You just love shooting yourself in the foot - don't you. Gaps are to be expected; in fact, any time you find a "missing link", you create two new gaps (one on either side). The remainder is basic logic - fossilization is extremely rare, then the fossils have to survive to the modern age, and then they have to be discovered.

The fact the record is as complete as it is, is in religious lingo, a "miracle", and is a true testament to the veracity and hard work of the paleontologists.

Bryan

I feel certain there is much more we don't know, and that this is really pointless to assume we are in a position to decide one vs the other, that sort of amazes me.

well put.

Hey look, we've asked ce4jesus for citations to support his claims again and, you'll never guess what happened.

He didn't provide anything at all.

I was very impressed. He must be incredibly clever to be able to come up with all this stuff all on his own and not have to support any of it with any documentation. That takes a very special ability, clearly and I think we should respect him for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom