Creation vs. Evolution

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
First...how big are the moons of Jupitor? If they are substantially larger than the earth, than, no, their volcanic activity does not signify age.

Earth has volcanic activity, but we have aged rock to know that volcanic activity does not equate to youth.

Second...who cares how life was created or from where or who. The bigger question we might need to be asking, who made GOD? Where did he come from or evolve from? Did he grow from oooze of playdough? Did he just appear out of "abra cadabra? Or did man make him up, and he is only an idea of man?

Because we can't do it means it is impossible and therefore requires a divine power?

An amoeba is already an extremely sophisticated form of life.

That's not the ascertain at all. But simply put if we can't do it, a million years of boiling in a soup pot won't either.
Yes...and so is the simplest of bacterias.

That's a new take and certainly not a belief that widely held, even amongst evolutionists. Evolution spawned from origin of the species. Science has taken that "theory" and redefined it so many times its hard to pin down exactly what they're saying anymore.

Not really. The theory is pretty well described. Stop making stuff up, please.

No it isn't

Now your splitting hairs just to give him a hard time. Physical "law" may be man made but gravity isn't.

However God's law is not man made.

I wasn't splitting hairs to give anyone a hard time. The difference is important. Our physical laws are based on observations of what happens in nature, as new facts are discovered the laws are refined. How is god's law not man made? People wrote the bible, people interpret the bible. But this diverges from the original subject. Whether the spiritual laws you are referring to are man made or not is something one has to take on faith as there is no way to prove either way. But when we are talking about the physical world one can prove things beyond a reasonable doubt. e.g. the earth not being 6000 years old or there being no evidence of any kind for a great flood.

Sure it is. Evolution in its purest sense believes that life began in a primortal ooze.

NO! It does NOT deal with the origins of life. Period. You are factually incorrect. PLEASE stop making foolish claims that propagate misinformation.

Its a nice fairy tale. But in order for that life to start, several impossibilities need to take place...ie the random formation of a protein molecule. Then it has to bind with others before the forces that brought it together, rip it apart again.

Impossible? Really? Can you provide a citation for that or are you the authority on what is possible and what is not?

Apparently not :)

No, it doesn't. The age of the universe is pretty well known.

You clearly have no interest in actually learning anything.

..and apparently you can't explain it either :wink:

An absolute no? The age of the universe is pretty well known...wow. So hypothetically speaking let's imagine you have an omnipotent God who steps out into a dark expanse and creates the universe. If God is omnipotent...could he make the universe any age he wanted to? Were adam and eve children or adults when he creates them? Bottom line is if God is the omnipotent God of the Bible, then our reference point for every measurement we've taken on the age of the Earth is skewed.

That's not the ascertain at all. But simply put if we can't do it, a million years of boiling in a soup pot won't either.

That is a fascinating notion. Humans cant even comprehend geological time spans, how on earth can you even make this statement. :confused:

I think I addressed the problem we have in competing venues with sources. The internet is the world's largest he-said, she-said reference. Where could Christianity publish that would satisfy the evolutionist as reputable. Answer: no where.

They could publish something reputable by having it reviewed by a reputable scientific journal that tests hypothesis and makes sure that the conclusion matches the observed behavior. But, then it would be science :)

..and apparently you can't explain it either :wink:

I'd have to read something about what you are talking about to even try to explain it. I'm not an evolutionary biologist, either. Maybe Warthaug could address it. Weird things have evolved for weird reasons. Just because you can't comprehend it, doesn't mean it didn't happen.

An absolute no? The age of the universe is pretty well known...wow. So hypothetically speaking let's imagine you have an omnipotent God who steps out into a dark expanse and creates the universe. If God is omnipotent...could he make the universe any age he wanted to? Were adam and eve children or adults when he creates them? Bottom line is if God is the omnipotent God of the Bible, then our reference point for every measurement we've taken on the age of the Earth is skewed.

Sure, God is commonly attributed with both omnibenevolence and omnipotence. Such a God, *could* create a universe that looks to be billions of years old. However, that would be a deceitful god, which is a contradiction with omnibenevolent. So, either your God is a liar (malevolent), or your God didn't do it. Pick.

I'd like to add that the Bible does discuss an age of accountability but doesn't give a specific age. At some point the church adopted the age of 12. I'm unsure of why that was chosen.

In Deuteronomy/Exodus...the account of the Israelites NOT going into the promised land...you could interpret that any under 30 years old would not be held accountable. But I also think this is speaking of something different than what we are talking about.

I would not use the term "age" of accountability for the basic reason that you mentioned...people will arbitrarily pick an age. However, there certainly a "condition" of accountability whereby spiritual things can be discerned. I'm sure the actual chronological age would be different for each person.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom