Creation vs. Evolution

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
One, what does it matter whether I have children or not. The notion that everyone is sinful by nature is preposterous.

No it isn't
Secondly, you might try and actually READ my post. I said that the law of gravity or any other physical laws for that matter are man made. Do you even know what a physical law is? :confused:

Now your splitting hairs just to give him a hard time. Physical "law" may be man made but gravity isn't.

However God's law is not man made.

One, what does it matter whether I have children or not. The notion that everyone is sinful by nature is preposterous.

Secondly, you might try and actually READ my post. I said that the law of gravity or any other physical laws for that matter are man made. Do you even know what a physical law is?

You can just say you don't have kids. It matters because if you had them, you'd understand the concept.

You're splitting hairs. You know exactly what you were saying and you were trying to make a correlation that isn't true. Physical Laws govern our universe and are immutable. Ditto for spiritual ones. Neither are created by man. Man has to live in the confines of both.

When you're able to create life without extacting cells from a living organism, come talk to me.

Yes but an amoeba is made up of at least a 1000 complex protein molecules. I didn't realize a single molecule has the power to self-replicate.

Because we can't do it means it is impossible and therefore requires a divine power?

An amoeba is already an extremely sophisticated form of life.

The bible as the ultimate source of 'dependable' information. Sure.

You're catching on but "Bible" is a title so it should be capitalized.

Care to explain that one?

Very simply put, photos were sent back of recent activity on the moons of Jupiter. Due to their location, temperature etc it was a widely held belief that these moons were dead...much like our own. I've not heard an adequate explanation of why. So I can only assume they're younger than we thought.

Mike, you wrote that physical laws are not man made, I hate to disappoint you, they are man made.

You didn't disappoint me.

How would a behavior like this develop through natural selection. The answer is it doesn't. The bird gets eaten by the croc in natural selection.

Apparently not :)

Volcanic activity on the moons of jupiter is relevant. It means our known universe is younger than thought.

No, it doesn't. The age of the universe is pretty well known.

You clearly have no interest in actually learning anything.

When you're able to create life without extacting cells from a living organism, come talk to me.

Since when does evolution try to explain abiogenesis? They are distinct and separate. You are welcome to have your creator breathe a spark of life into lifeless goo if you want. I'll hold out for a better explanation, but evolution doesn't threaten your view on how life began.

Very simply put, photos were sent back of recent activity on the moons of Jupiter. Due to their location, temperature etc it was a widely held belief that these moons were dead...much like our own. I've not heard an adequate explanation of why. So I can only assume they're younger than we thought.

Yeah, let's see you back that up with some citations, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom