Creation vs. Evolution

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or me. 30 years and I haven't seen a single thing that made me think there was a big guy up there.
You've got time, you're still young but if you ask He might move you up on the list.

Either it holds up to scrutiny, or it doesn't.

Wrong. Either it has as its foundation philosophical naturalism, or it does not. Scientific scrutiny is withheld from research that does not operate under philosophical naturalism.

Or me. 30 years and I haven't seen a single thing that made me think there was a big guy up there.

I guess the strongest piece of evidence most people have is an eye opening epiphany. I have been fortunate to witness several things in my life.

I guess the strongest piece of evidence most people have is an eye opening epiphany. I have been fortunate to witness several things in my life.

I've had a lot of those in my life, too. My best man's 4 year old son coming down with Leukemia, my (Catholic) wife with Multiple Sclerosis, etc. All have reinforced my belief that there is no one out there looking after us.

Wrong. Either it has as its foundation philosophical naturalism, or it does not. Scientific scrutiny is withheld from research that does not operate under philosophical naturalism.

I'm not sure what you are trying to say here. Either something can pass experimental tests, or it cannot. There is no such thing as religious science. You don't have any way to test your hypotheses.

what a waste of bandwidth and disc space,,,, some one please kill this

I've had a lot of those in my life, too. My best man's 4 year old son coming down with Leukemia, my (Catholic) wife with Multiple Sclerosis, etc. All have reinforced my belief that there is no one out there looking after us.

I know where you are coming from. I was the best man in a buddy's wedding. He was 3 years younger than me and died from some rare type of lung cancer that spread all over his body...he died in May few years back...he was 28 years old, he lived in my house when his apartment roommates all left, he played with my then 3 year old son, coached baseball with me, etc...

It is always a saddening thing to hear of loved ones that are suffering, and I am truly sorry for your troubles.

I won't preach you a sermon as I'm sure you have heard plenty.

How is your wife? Can she get along ok? I teach high school with a lady who is a pretty functioning MS sufferer...though she does have her bad days.

You may or may not care, but I will keep you and yours in my prayers...that I promise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom