Creation vs. Evolution

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it is true...you really like to split hairs don't you.
Is a conception come by reason and logic and careful analysis?
Conception
2 a: the capacity, function, or process of forming or understanding ideas or abstractions or their symbols b: a general idea : concept c: a complex product of abstract or reflective thinking d: the sum of a person's ideas and beliefs concerning something
3: the originating of something in the mind

Oh yea, that is going to solve all our problems. Whos morals and values? Yours? It is soooooooooooo easy to blame, abortion, gays, prostitution etc for all the worlds problems. Ever consider religion being a contributor to the problems? I guess you havent huh. Are we fighting gays or prostitutes in Afghanistan or Iraq? NO, we are fighting religious fundamentalists. Religion is the problem.

No, it is not my morals and values, I do not dare taking the honour for that. It's the morals and values of God Almighty. However I do try to embrace those morals and values and live by it.

No, I don't think your country are fighting gays or prostitutes in Afghanistan or Iraq. I believe the U.S.A. is fighting terrorism. I don't know if you are part of the armed forces, but if you are I am praying for you and your well being. I have fought terrorism for the SA fources in South West Africa (Now called Namibia) and Angola. Our forces have fought against the Cubans in Angola! But you know the irony is that one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

I have considered religion to be part of the problem. Maybe in Iraq and Afghanistan it is. But I will not say the Christian religion today is the problem. Christians are and should be standing for moral values and peace.

There aren't many gays or prostitutes in Afghanistan or Iraq from what I've heard.

Yes, to see who would state the obvious. My bet was on you. :D

That's likely because they are either stay in the closet or are killed. It doesn't mean they aren't there, though.

Did you have a point to make with this statement?

Many commentators here have stumbled into the amateur game of debate over their own views of lawmaking. It is a good thing that nobody here is in the business of making laws. Both attempts, here, those at debate and at lawmaking, have been amusing, like watching children stack building blocks, and knock each others' down.

As a male, I have never needed an abortion. Yet it is clear to me that forbidding females to have them is violating their freedom of choice, and in a democratic world, freedom is the highest priority.

Freedom is actually a word invented by the ancient Greeks around 510 B.C., when they also invented democracy in Athens. The word was not needed before the democracy was invented.

To take away someone else's freedom is a political crime making the offender unworthy of receiving freedom of their own. Therefore I say, it would be appropriate to punish those who attempt to take away other persons' freedoms by removing their freedom instead. It is sort of like attempted murder.

There is no need to ensure the death of a fetus during a late term abortion. A society may freely vote to take custody of the fetus and raise it to full development. To the extent technology enables this, the issue may then be logically, scientifically, politically, and legally resolved. This preserves the rights of the woman, as well as any rights that society may decide to endow the unborn fetus with.

As far as the 10 Commandments incribed on public buildings, that might be fine in the Jewish state, where political parties have religious interests. But it seems completely inappropriate in any other secular constitutional republic or democracy (nations tend to be republics, whereas cities tend to be democracies, just like in the days of the Romans and the Greeks, when these types of governments were invented).

As far as gay/lesbian rights, cultures that are tolerant of opposing views survive longer and more peacefully.

As far as gay/lesbian parenting, this is not such an easy issue to address. It will probably require a constitutional amendment of its own to resolve.

Above all, peoples of each culture on this Earth need to resolve issues peacefully and fairly, according to democratic principles invented by the Greeks 2518 years ago, so that peace can previal. And once laws are properly drafted, constitutionally, then all the people should obey.

Civilization is not an easy task. 57 centuries of warfare have proved that, as do 500 posts to this thread as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom