Creation vs. Evolution

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sin, in general, causes trouble. Why would anybody choose to commit any sin?

How does being gay cause trouble? Who is being harmed (other than the bigots who, through insecurity, cannot tolerate something that seems different).

Intolerance causes trouble. "Sin" is a construct made up in a society thousands of years old. Some of us have evolved since then.

Why would anybody choose to commit any sin?

hehehehehehehehe.....Dear Lord...I shall not answer this one.

Sin, in general, causes trouble. Why would anybody choose to commit any sin?

Restate: Why would anyone *choose* to commit that particular "sin", when a reasonable alternative exists? (i.e. just be attracted to the opposite sex)

Do you remember, at some point, consciously making a decision to be attracted to women? (As in: "Hmmm...I guess I could go either way, but I think I like the girls better.") No, you didn't, and neither did I, because it was always a "given" for us that we were attracted to the opposite sex. We just knew we were straight, right? In the same vein, do you think that being attracted to the SAME sex (rather than opposite) from as early as you can remember (a "given") is something a homosexual has *chosen* to do? You really think homosexuals have made a conscious *choice* to be gay? I guess you would have to believe that if you believe that god doesn't create what he then declares to be "sin."

On a side-note, what would be the pay-off for choosing a gay lifestyle if you're not gay?? I don't know about you, but you couldn't PAY me to have sex with another woman. No attraction *whatsoever* to that. :no Now, heap discrimination and hate from both strangers and family on top of it... I say again: Who would *choose* that? What is the pay-off? Especially for Christian homosexuals? :shakehead:

Hey Pam, I did not think that so-and-so was refering to homosexuality when it was asked, "Why would anybody choose to commit any sin?"

Good points, nonetheless!!

And I think that so-and-so had to have gotten himself into a lil sin action with the wifey, recently.

Hey Pam, I did not think that so-and-so was refering to homosexuality when it was asked, "Why would anybody choose to commit any sin?"

Nah, he wasn't. But, I was drawing a distinction between choosing a sin that would have a pay-off, as opposed to one that wouldn't. Robbing a bank, having an affair, eating more than you should, etc....all have a pay-off, some level of enjoyment. But being gay? There's no pay-off... Is there? Maybe I've missed it. :confused:

I guess my point (after so long) is that I have trouble condemning the actions of people who did not chose what they are -- themselves. I believe that they are born with a different sexual orientation, that they didn't choose it and could no more deny it than I could that I'm strait.

And, further, (hehe...almost off the soapbox!) I also believe the Bible was transmitted verbally thru the years by fallible people. Perhaps it's *wrong*... I harken back to the game we played as kids that illustrated how simple sentences get mutated when whispered ear-to-ear over the course of a twenty-person circle, let alone over hundreds of years. :D

I thought sinning in general...whatever that means.:D

And do you jump on everyone you're attracted to?

two of the best monogamous couples i know happen to be gay

please educate yourself before attacking something you don't seem to know much about

:14:

also, it seems to me that adultery is not limited to gay couples, n'est pas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom