Creation vs. Evolution

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
MikeFerrara:
I wouldn't think that anything to do with "my God" would mean much to an athiest which is why I can't help wondering why they seem to put so much energy into commenting on the matter. It's further hard to understand why they don't make some attempt to do so with any accuracy. It's always a straw-man argument. First they misstate the doctrine and then procede to base an argument on the misstatement...naturally they usually declare themselves the winner of the argument.

LOL and I've found out the hard way, as is well documented on this board, that they don't usually like being corrected. They just don't seem to like being reminded of what the Bible actually says while they are busy arguing against what it doesn't say.

Bravo, Mike! I am amazed at your patience with this discussion. It's kind of frustrating to try to discuss something with someone who appearantly has no knowledge of the Bible whatsoever & no willingness to read enough of what you have quoted to understand context- much less pick up the Bible for themselves & actually read it before trying to discuss it! I'm learning something from you here & I thank you.

well, whichever way you look at it, science basically says "this is what the evidence shows" and religion says "this is what i believe"

they are two very different realms

no one in the history of Christianity has been able to offer proof of God's existence; the very nature of God precludes such proof

so ... while i am interested in what people believe, i base my world view on what can be proven -- the rest is just speculation

OR you can be honest and say "I don't know yet and i may never know" (in some instances, that is the only honest scientific answer, such as the origins of the universe)

well, whichever way you look at it, science basically says "this is what i can prove" and religion says "this is what i believe"

they are two very different realms
The problem comes in when the things I can prove make a lie of the things you (the indefinite and figurative "you") believe.

Last edited:
Bravo, Mike! I am amazed at your patience with this discussion. It's kind of frustrating to try to discuss something with someone who appearantly has no knowledge of the Bible whatsoever & no willingness to read enough of what you have quoted to understand context- much less pick up the Bible for themselves & actually read it before trying to discuss it! I'm learning something from you here & I thank you.

Actually I went to Bible Study for many years and have read the Bible a number of times. That is the problem with it, it is so open to interpretation that some people take quite a bad interpretation of it. Basically it isn't what it says that matters, it is how it is used [i.e. to discriminate against homosexuals is a good example].

Mike, you don't seem to be able to consider a viewpoint other than your own for the purposes of discussion so I think I'll leave my comments at my previous post.

Actually I went to Bible Study for many years and have read the Bible a number of times. That is the problem with it, it is so open to interpretation that some people take quite a bad interpretation of it. Basically it isn't what it says that matters, it is how it is used [i.e. to discriminate against homosexuals is a good example].

How is the Bible used to discriminate against homosexuals?

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Nice one.

Well that's kind of what I thought when I read your statement but I thought I'd ask rather than just laugh.

Leviticus 18:22.

Leviticus 20:13.

1st Corinthians 6:9.

Romans 1:26-27.

Leviticus 18:22.

Leviticus 20:13.

1st Corinthians 6:9.

Romans 1:26-27.

I know what the Bible says about it but how does that constitute discrimination?

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom