Crazy for David Doubilet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DB is just on another level... on every aspect, logistic, equipment, vision...
Inspiring.

Jcsgt:
Does he give instruction by chance?
From the website:
Join David on a photography expedition to Papau, New Guinea Aug. 26 - Sept. 14, 2006 David's more than 60 stories for National Geographic Magazine include working throughout the South Pacific. He'll accompany the August 26 departure of the newly-launched exploration ship M.S. National Geographic Endeavor for a Photography Expedition and share the wonders of his craft. www.nationalgeographicexpeditions.com

Another politically incorrect statement, but what the hell, Doubilet has created some great images and I have great respect for him. But the best underwater photographer in the world, IMHO, is indisputably Chris Newbert, followed closely by his wife, Birgitte Wilms. And they do it with just one camera on each dive.

parabolic:
Another politically incorrect statement

Huh? What does that mean in the context of this thread?

RichKirby:
Huh? What does that mean in the context of this thread?
he means he is saying that Chris N is better than DD... because he only uses one camera per dive whereas DD uses a bunch..

I also am not sure why that is politically incorrect.... an opinion is an opinion, no need to justify it Parabolic

parabolic:
But the best underwater photographer in the world, IMHO, is indisputably Chris Newbert, followed closely by his wife, Birgitte Wilms. And they do it with just one camera on each dive.
Indisputably? I guess you're trying to be controversial. I looked here and found some great pics that are, nevertheless, not in the same league with Doubilet's.

anyone got another link to that DD photo? The current pic on patagonia is a bunch of lost surfers in the Baja Desert by Jeff Johnson... :(

sjspeck:
From the website:

I wonder if they closed it for being full....I can't find it. I was going to sell my first born and take off!

Chris Newbert, followed closely by his wife, Birgitte Wilms. And they do it with just one camera on each dive.

Parabolic, thanks! I added that one to my "favorites" along with YOUR topside PNG. I am a fan of yours!:D

catherine96821:
I wonder if they closed it for being full....I can't find it. I was going to sell my first born and take off!
You'd have to, cabins are $11-14K single occupancy, $9-14K dbl. Plus $1800 r/t air.

It's still open if you want to sell one and go though. Just hard to find on the NGE site.

Click on Experts
Click on Asia/Pacific
Click on pg. 2/6 on the bottom right
Click the link at the bottom of DD's Bio
Click the Experts Tab - DD is "accompanying" the later departure, Wade Davis is going on the first trip.

Oh, and Scuba is extra.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom