Crazy for David Doubilet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you haven't seen him in the N.G. video that showcases several of their photographers, it's worth a look. I think the mask is because he's not got very good eyesite. I seem to remember him wearing fairly thick glasses.
In the video he has a shot similar to the above only it's a school of baracuda circling a diver. One of my favorite shots of all time.

Check out his website. He's an incredible photographer. Above water as well. And it's so much more than diving great locations with a ton of cameras and assistants. Lots of people shoot the same places he does. Few do it as well.

Does he give instruction by chance?

Mike Veitch:
hahahahaah
Hey, it never hurts to dream!

Besides, you know you're my first choice, Mike!

Jcsgt:
Hey, it never hurts to dream!

Besides, you know you're my first choice, Mike!
now that is the answer i like to hear!

DD, i would go to his class if he offered them!
I did see him speak once in Palau.

What he does do is attend "Photo Shootouts" in places like Indonesia and Palau etc and do a talk or two and judge competitions, there might be links to some of those on his website.

Mike:

I'm sure what Jcsgt meant was that since YOUR workshops were so incredibly overbooked she was having trouble getting in. David Doubilet would then be a reasonable 2nd choice! That is, if you like the whole "one of only a handful of National Geographic stafff underwater photographers" kind of thing.

Wait a minute. "What he does do is attend Photo Shootout in places like Indonesia...." That sounds a lot like your job!

Hope to see you at one of your "jobs" in 2007!

Doug

debersole:
Mike:

I'm sure what Jcsgt meant was that since YOUR workshops were so incredibly overbooked he was having trouble getting in. David Doubilet would then be a reasonable 2nd choice! That is, if you like the whole "one of only a handful of National Geographic stafff underwater photographers" kind of thing.
Doug

Yeah, what he said.:D

drbill:
Now, Catherine... what is JB going to say when he sees that subject heading!

ha...he is used to me. he has stopped perusing SB, too "out of context" for him to handle. Once, I was inviting MOF-ers to party at my house while we ate imaginary food...it does not translate well to where he is.

hey, I can work the pop-ups now! thanks.

Mike, what is he like? he is a New Yorker, isn't he? What is his strongest gift, would you say a genious eye for composition or he a technical guru? I would love to see a discussion describing photographer's work....sorta like wine flights, ken.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom