Crazy for David Doubilet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cacia

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I just received my new Patagonia catalog--- Nice to see an underwater photographer getting a broad readership cover!

The image is one of the loveliest I have seen....he has quite the eye. Hey wait, if that scene happened in front of ME, I'd release the shutter too! Guess the man dives some great action-packed locations. This is in the Galapagos, I think. Check it out, I found the on-line cover!

http://www.patagonia.com/ Gosh, I love this image, hits my pleasure centers. Swimming through a scene like this, is euphoric.

Anybody have a guess what he would make on this cover? Just curious...
I am seeing underwater photography in a lot of print adds. Cardow had some high end jewels shot in an "anemone" setting recently.

Wow, too cool!

I would bet he makes more money on a cover shot like that than I make in a year. One click, bang, it's just not fair!

Information popup on the photo says:

A school of salema cut a wide berth for a Galapagos sea lion. Cousins Rock, Galapagos Islands, Equador. Photo: David Doubilet. Learn more about our Oceans As Wilderness campaign.

Very nice shot indeed!

I spoke with David a couple of months back for almost an hour - He is one of the top Go to photographers for Nat Geo. Shoots with something like 14 cameras while on assignment for the society. Been around a long time - his volume of work speaks for itself.

My god............. what a picture.

He's simply the best....no doubt about it!

Information popup on the photo says:

how did you do that ? I r-clicked and just got properties, etc.

yes,I hear he has assistants lined up with cameras and various lenses all housed up and they just pass them off to him...

I have a nice image of him, signed. It was taken by Mauricio Handler of Doubilet with camera sort of backpeddling in front of a whale shark. Black and white. He wears this funny face mask?

Catherine,

There is a little "i" box near the bottom right of the photo. Left clicking it opens the popup.

Now, Catherine... what is JB going to say when he sees that subject heading!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom