Craziness continues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, we went to Santa Rosa wall today. Calm and clear as could be.

On another occasion, we were doing a night dive on Paradise Reef. About half way through the dive everything started swirling. We were very disoriented for a while, and then we continued the dive, eventually realizing we were now going the other direction.

Okay, now that is just weird! You could lose the boat so easily in those conditions.

Okay, now that is just weird! You could lose the boat so easily in those conditions.

Yep, but the boat found us--just about where we had started. They must have realized the current had shifted. There were several other groups in the water, so everyone must have noticed it.

On another occasion, we were doing a night dive on Paradise Reef. About half way through the dive everything started swirling. We were very disoriented for a while, and then we continued the dive, eventually realizing we were now going the other direction.

I've done a couple of night dives on Paradise where the current ran in large, slow circles. We were drifting slowly, no finning, and I thought "hey, that coral head looks familiar!.....so does that one, and that one....". I started watching my compass, and it was just a large, slow loop.

---------- Post added at 04:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 PM ----------

Paradise is ~35-40 fsw in most spots, and as long as the divers have their lights on the Capitans can see and follow the group fairly easily.....

yup... we had the same thing happen to us on Paradise also. The current was going one way at beginning of dive, but then switched and we ended up right where we started. No biggy.. Paradise is shallow and not a wall, for those who haven't done it.

robin

I've done a couple of night dives on Paradise where the current ran in large, slow circles. We were drifting slowly, no finning, and I thought "hey, that coral head looks familiar!.....so does that one, and that one....". I started watching my compass, and it was just a large, slow loop.
On one night dive on Paradise, we passed the same coral head with the same big green moray in it at least four times, each time from a different direction. The boat had no trouble finding us; it was in the same washing machine as us.

Reactions: Jax
I was in Cozumel last week . I dove with my wife at Colombia and experimented the same downcurrent as it was our first time experimenting it . We have only 50 dive under under our belt so it was il little bit troubling. By chance , when it did happen , our dm saw it and got us down on the sand and going into a cave . Once topside , David (with DWM) told us some mesures to escaped anf if caught by , try to ride it .

Are you just NOW finding that out?????? Yes, we have a" thingy" about diving together sometime in March..and a more recent "thingy" about your "traveling" apparel. Want to join our "thingy" club?? :rofl3:

A pidge and Kat club? Coz, diving, tequila, making fun of, I mean being inclusive of "certain" other people....Sounds AWESOME! :wink: Where do I sign up?

A pidge and Kat club? Coz, diving, tequila, making fun of, I mean being inclusive of "certain" other people....Sounds AWESOME! :wink: Where do I sign up?

Why is everyone laughing with me when I am NOT laughing?:depressed:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom