cpr requirement for padi rescue class

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fishballer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
do those online cpr certifications work?

is there an accredited institution that you have to get the CPR cert?

thanks.

I recommend that you goto your local Red Cross training facility and take their CPR course - add on the AED too... its worth it. Its not that expensive. - DRG

Yep, PADI accepted my Red Cross cards for CPR (Adult, Child, Infant + AED) and Red Cross First Aid.

I used the same certs for Rescue, DM and AI without issue.

In fact, take the Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer class. They actually teach you standalone rescue breathing and AED.

don O

AHA (American Heart Association) also works.

If you get an online certification, how do you get to practice? (e.g. with the dummy)

I took the American Heart Association (AHA) course. My only warning is that you need both CPR and First Aid. AHA offers different options, so select the Heartsaver course that offers both.

If you are in a hurry to just get the course out of the way, do yourself a favor and take one when you have ample time.

I took the EFR course that was offered before my rescue course. It worked out well.

AHA (American Heart Association) also works.

If you get an online certification, how do you get to practice? (e.g. with the dummy)
You get with an AHA instructor and they sign you off on the skills portion.

Back
Top Bottom