Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScoobieDooo

Reaction score
Hi,
Thinking of planning a diving trip to Cozumel for my first time and I guess I seeking some information on good dive ops, dive sites, etc.

Is it true that the currency conversion rate between US dollars and Mexio Peizos is about 1:11?

when we whent down in feb it was like 1:10.8 so it is very possible. its nice having a 1:10 because you just move the . one over to the left.
don't expect to get the same rate everywhere, we sometimse got 1:10, and one guy at a gas station said that it had fallen to 1:9 (just so he could get some extra):wacko:

Hey ScoobieDooo,

Do a search on Cozumel and you'll find lot's of info on dive sites and places to stay on the island. Lot's of great info out there.

Jason

ScoobieDooo once bubbled...
Hi,
Thinking of planning a diving trip to Cozumel for my first time and I guess I seeking some information on good dive ops, dive sites, etc.

Wow! That's a general question all right. I'll take a shot. Have been to Cozumel four times. Twice on a cruise ship and twice land based. Have stayed at Plaza Las Glorias and rented a house in town. I would recommend both of them depending on what you are looking for. I have only dived with Aldora and would recommend them highly. The biggest question is what is your budget?

Have stayed at Plaza Las Glorias and rented a house in town. I would recommend both of them depending on what you are looking for. I have only dived with Aldora

how did you like plaza las glorias, we stayed there, and get mixxed reveiws from people, what did you think. also when did you stay there? did they have the dive store in the lobby then?

Stayed at Plaza 8/02. Dive store in lobby. Dove with Aldora. Plaza was okay. Nice snorkelling right off the dock. Great margaritas. Inexpensive. Beds were hard. Fridge in room. Grocery store across the street. All in all a good bang for the buck. Don't expect the Trump Plaza and you won't be disappointed. If you want first class then go to a first class resort. If you want an inexpensive decent place to saty then try the Plaza. I would go back but would not take my wife who likes a little more "atomosphere" (read luxury digs).

I like a firm mattress so it was no problem.

Stayed there twice and thought it was very nice for the price that we paid. I would love to stay there again but they don't run specials for that hotel anymore--I guess the secret got out! I am returning June 4 and will be staying at Brisas, aka, Costa Club, aka Fiesta Inn.

To the original poster--give us a few more details, like what you're looking to spend, what kind of accommodations you'd prefer (ie. waterfront, in town, nice beach, luxury, B&B, etc) and what kind of activities, like diving, or sightseeing that you're interested in and I'm sure we'll all have plenty of recommendations! :)

We need some details on the level of service you expect from a dive op, how experienced a diver you are, computer or no computer, etc. There are TONS of dive ops on Cozumel and you can find one to fit your needs no matter what. If you haven't been diving in Cozumel before you're going to love it!

Back
Top Bottom